9.

"Hey. Wake up."

Russia groaned.

"Russ wake up. You need to go home."

Russia opened one eye and looked at America who was standing next to him.

"Hey sleepy head. I'm sorry for waking you up but you just got a message," America said handing him his phone.

Ukraine:
Russia where are you? And when did you leave the house? I didn't see you since yesterday morning. Me and Belarus are home alone. You're lucky that papa went to work early and didn't check on you. But if you don't answer soon I will call him.

Russia typed " I went for a run early. I'll be home soon, don't worry." and sent it.

~Ding~

Ukraine:
Aww too bad that you replied. I was really excited about calling papa. ;)

Russia rolled his eyes.

Russia:
Yeah I know. Take care of Belarus until I get home instead of reading, you little bookworm. ;)))

Ukraine:
>:O
Don't call me that ever again or I'll tell dad!

Russia:
Okay,whatever.

He put his phone away and set up. America walked to the kitchen and came back with a plate of soup.

"Here. I made you this. I thought you'd probably be hungry. I even made a salad with cooked chicken meat. I know you would probably like something that will keep you full for longer but your stomach can't take heavy food like something fried or baked."

Russia nodded and took the plate from him.

"Thank you. You really didn't have to."

"I sure did.I'm here to help you with no matter WHAT problem you have."

Russia looked at him confused by his tone. America sighed and set next to him.

He took the others hand and pointed at the cuts on his arm. Russia froze. He totally forgot about him not having his shirt on and the cuts now being visible.

" I noticed them last morning when I brought you here. There are so many of them. And besides you were so tired that you didn't wake up the whole day. I mean you would get up from time to time but you looked like a zombie. You were mumbling something and crying in your sleep and wouldn't stop unless if I hugged you."

"I... I just..."

"Hey, relax. I'm just saying that I'd like to know but not that you have to tell me. I'm sure you will tell me whenever you're ready."

Russia sighed.

"I did this to myself..."

"I know. I'm not seeing this for the first time."

"You're not?..."

"No. I see such thing's more often than you think."

"Oh..."

"I'm just wondering what's the reason behind it."

Russia hesitated for a bit.

"My father..."

"He's the one who bet you up I assume?"

"Yeah... He's going a bit hard on me. I'm the oldest one and I have to be perfect to take his place one day."

"Pfft. Parents and their expectations. They ask for a lot and even when you do what they wanted you to, they are still unsatisfied."

"Exactly..."

They both went silent for a moment.

"Are you sure you want to go home? It's not safe at all to go back there."

"I know it's not but where would I stay at?"

"You could stay here with me."

Russia looked at him.

"No I couldn't. You're already too nice to me-"

"There's not something like too nice when it comes to you. I mean what I say and I want to help."

"I know, I know. But I also have siblings I have to take care of."

"Yeah that's true..."

America turned to stare at the floor. Russia saw that he was really worried. But he's doing too much for him. He makes him laugh, takes care of him, he saved his life, he's the reason why he doesn't feel like dying anymore.

Russia's eyes teared up. He leaned forward and hugged the smaller country.

"Russ? What's wrong?," America asked concerned.

Russia bursted out crying and tightened his grip.

America hugged him back and started rubbing his back.

"Shhh. It's okay. Don't cry. I'm here.-"

"Y-you don't know how much this means to me. *sob* You're the only one that cares about me. The only one that makes me happy. *sniff* No one was nice to me ever in my life or understood me the way you do. *sob*"

America was shocked by his words, totally unable to reply.

"A-and y-you're the only reason why I'm still here. My life was pointless and I wanted it to end. I wanted to end it and... a-and if I didn't meet you yesterday I wouldn't have lived to see today... You're the last thing still keeping me alive... Please, for God's sake... I'm begging you, don't ever leave..."

He couldn't say any more. Drowning in his own tears and feeling, he was barely able to breathe.

He felt a soft kiss on his head and a hand gently wiping his tears. He was slowly rocked back and forward and soon he calmed down and snuggled up to America.

"It's okay. I'm not going to leave, I promise. I'll stay with you no matter what."