Chapter 29- Good to be back

Violetta's POV:

"Violetta?" He called my name in a low, mellow tone. His soft eyes pierced through me, seeing all the fear and nervousness I must have been enduring in that moment. My lungs nearly collapsed at the sight of him walking towards me but I maintained myself and kept my breathing at a good pace.

He finally reaches me and I knew this must be real. This must be actually happening.

"Hi again.... Leon" My voice quaked in fear of saying something wrong. The last thing I needed was for my words to cause us to fight. At least this environment doesn't seem like a place for arguments, seeing as though our friend's are completely capable of overhearing...

"Violetta... Hey, how are you?" He asks in his sweet voice. I honestly missed hearing the sound of his voice... But none of the things I began thinking are important right now...

"I'm g-great Leon... You know, I'm glad you changed your mind and came" I offered him a little smile.

"Erm... Yeah, me too." He smiled back, yet not as nicely. So there were still some hard feelings left... It was nothing I didn't expect to deal with.

"So..." I tried continuing the conversation, although I knew it was already at its end. Our little moment was over... Could I call it a "moment"? It was most likely all in my head...

"So, where are the others?" He asked looking around.

"The main room, we should go and see them" I said guiding him towards where everyone else was.

---

"Oh hey Vilu- Leon?!" Francesca says noticing both of us walk through the door. Everyone's gazes immediately shot towards us.

"Um...Hey guys!" Leon says as everyone rushes up to him to greet him, smiling and cheering.

"Glad you could make it buddy" Federico says giving him a pat on the shoulder.

"Good to be back" He chuckles.

After a few more pats on the back, friendly exchanges of smiles and warmfelt tears- mostly coming from an emotional Andres, everyone was calm and back to rehearsing.

I awkwardly stood in the back waiting for Francesca to see me. She walked over to me standing somewhat close.

"So..." She whispers out of the corner of her mouth. "Looks like he did come back"

"Yeah..." I let out a sigh.

"You're going to be okay right?"

"Of course" I say but I wasn't showing her any guarantee.

"Okay..."

"Hey Leon! We'll show you the new choreography, c'mon." Maxi says gathering the others.

I stare at my feet while they taught him the steps until Fran nudges me.

"Why don't you go talk to him later?"

"He didn't come for me, he came to help all of you guys" I say hoping she couldn't sense my pain.

"But he came... I mean- it's not like he's never going to forgive you..."

"I just think it would be better off if we ignore each other... Maybe until after the performance..." I smile yet barely.

"Okay" Fran says unsurely. "But you know you can't just avoid talking to him for a month..."

Fran grabs her water bottle and returns to practicing her part of the routine.

My eyes caught a glimpse at Leon who was smiling with everyone else.

"Vilu?" I hear Cami say behind me.

"Hey, let's practice together" She says rubbing my back, knowing how I was feeling in my situation.

"Okay let's go" I smile.

---

The group gathers around Ludmilla with a clipboard.

"When did she become in charge?" Cami whispers crossing her arms.

I shrug and we get prepared for her announcements.

"Okay! Listen up! Now you can all thank me later, but I found some cool back up dancers we could use for the show!"

For once something coming out of Ludmilla's mouth was good...

"You did?! That's great!" Fran says impressed.

"Yes, I mean, there were so many people practically begging for a spot to be my back up dancers- oops I mean- our back up dancers!" She says as we roll our eyes. Though she continues: "But since there were so many people I thought we could have auditions!"

"Okay..." I say looking around to observe the others nodding in agreement. "When?"

"Probably tomorrow" She suggests. "We need to get this routine down fast!"

---

Okayy I'm trying to stick to my schedule😅 (which i still haven't even told u yet SORRY)

I was supposed to update 'Band Mates' today but it still needs more editing so I'm posting that later this weekend💘

Hope you're okay that I posted this book😊I know this book isn't as great because I don't update very much, but this will be one of my first priorities to complete... I will try my best to update till the end💫

~Mayma