Chapter 26- Coming back?

☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leon's POV:

I came back into the hospital room carrying the salad and saw Francesca laying on the bed with a gloomy look in her eyes.

"Hey, what happened?" I ask quietly setting the salad on the table next to her.

She didn't respond. She was too busy staring at the wall.

"Fran... Look at me..." I said kneeling beside her.

When she saw me she quickly wiped a tear and looked down.

"What's going on?" I ask.

"N-nothing..." She replies forcing a smile.

"I know something's wrong... You can tell me..." I say.

"There's nothing..." She says in a whisper. She sits up and reaches for the salad bowl.

"So..." She begins. "What are you going to do for the next few weeks?" She's trying to change the subject, I can tell.

"Please Fran... Why are you asking this..."

"Because I want to know..."

"Fine, I'm competing in some races next week, then possibly an interview the week after that and then...."

She stops mixing her salad with her fork and looks up at me as she notices my sudden hesitation.

"What about after that?"

"Uh... I-I don't know..." I say looking away.

"You're really going to do nothing?" She asks giving me a sympathetic look.

"I'm not sure... Something will probably turn up..." I say. "Or I'll just spend some time with Gery-"

"Leon." Fran says placing her plate back onto the table. "You need to come with us"

"Fran-"

"No! I know you, and I know that not only do you still care about Violetta and that you should stop being so hard on her, but you also care about the studio, and you would do anything to get back on the stage and sing"

"Singing... Is not my thing anymore..." I try to explain.

"I bet it is... It's your passion... and your talent..."

"Not anymore!" I said raising my voice.

"Yes it is! Stop denying it... You love singing and that's what you're going to do..."

"I can't..." I laugh. The fact that she was trying so hard brought me out of my serious demeanor.

"Yes you can" She says in a pleading tone. "Please believe me! Believe in yourself too..."

"Fran... I can't do the things I was able to do... I can't sing as well as I could"

"But you want to" She grins talking to me now softly. "Admit it"

The most unexpected words slip out of my mouth.

"...Yes" I mumble immediately looking down.

"I knew it!" Her eyes lit up and she sat up intrigued, straightening her position.

"Hey, hey... That doesn't mean I'm gonna fly over there and sing so that everything can go back to what is was before..."

"That's okay... I'd just appreciate you coming with us to help..." She says with gratitude.

"I'll do it..." I say and she grins. "For you..."

"Aw, thanks! This will be exciting!" She smiles.

" Yeah, yeah..." I say adding a little doubt in my voice.

"I'm so glad!"

"Well anyways" I say "What are we doing for the show?"

"Just singing some of our old songs with a new, little twist to them..." She smiles.

"Sounds cool" I say.

"Can't wait for you to come back, Leon"

"Yeah..." I breathe. "Me too..."

She beamed with joy, pulling me into another tight hug. I began to think really hard as the corners of my mouth began to curve downwards.

What have I got myself into?

---

Hey💞
I just wanted to say (like i always do 😢) that this is sort of a "filler" chapter... It's not the best edited...

I know it sucks how you waited so long for a new chapter and it's not even that great...BUT for every weak chapter you can expect to see a better one in the near future! What I'm trying to say is; I will try my best to make better chapters if I feel like one isn't quite enough to excite...

That's it✨ Thanks for reading, I have a feeling this book might be a little longer than my other ones (from this series), but we'll see☺️

~Mayma