Chapter 25- Catarina

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

Francesca's POV:

I blink my eyes a couple times trying to process the doctors previous words.

"Y-you mean... I'm-"

"Yes...You're pregnant... Congratulations" He grins. I didn't know if it was from shock or just joy but teardrops were beginning to form in my eyes.

I protectively clutched my stomach and closed my eyes tightly letting the wet tears flow down my cheek.

"I can't believe this..." I say.

"I know, it's a lot to take in" He comes over and sits beside my bed rubbing my back.

"I'm going to be a mother..." I say in between my sniffling.

"It will be okay... Don't worry"

I don't know how to feel. I wept tears of joy as the doctor patted my back.

"Everything will get better, Francesca..."

"When am I going to be released from the hospital?" I ask wiping the tears on my sleeve.

"You are in good condition for now, I'd say by tonight..."

"Oh okay... I'm flying back to my home tomorrow"

"That's okay. Nothing major in terms of injuries has affected you or your fetus, just a little fall."

"I'm sorry... I have to be more careful now, don't I?"

"Yes" The doctor says. "Make sure to stay away from 'diving' on the grass, or falling down the stairs... Those can turn into major dangers for your pregnancy."

"Okay doctor, thank you so much... Will you call Leon in?"

"Sure" He says. He shakes my hand and leaves for the door.

---

"Hey! What happened?" Leon asks climbing onto the bed like a child.

I laugh at his curiosity.

"What's so funny?" He asks pretending to laugh with me.

"No, it's nothing... It's just that... You look like a little kid jumping onto the hospital bed" I smirk.

"Ha. Ha very funny" He says rolling his eyes. He leans sideways shifting his weight onto my legs.

"Oh sorry." he says straightening up. "Did I hurt your feet?"

"No, it's fine" I smile. "Anyways... I wanted to say thanks... For being a good friend... I mean, I can tell you really care about me since you're still here and all"

He smiles and nods in response.

"Well anyways... The doctor said that-"

I froze and stared blankly at Leon for a moment to think.

"What did he say?" He asks calmly.

Should I tell Leon? He's a good friend but... I'm not ready to say the words to anyone.

Leon. I am pregnant.

No. If I say that, he'll think I'm crazy... or lying...

"Well erm... First, he said some medical stuff I didn't really understand... But he also said I'm in good condition so I'll be ready to get out of here by tonight!"

"That's great! I'll be here till tonight then" he smiles.

"Uhh... Really? I mean- you don't have to if you have plans you know"

"No worries Fran, I'm staying"

I took a deep, relaxing breath out and lifted my hands over his shoulders signaling for a hug. He responded quickly wrapping his arms around my waist and squeezed me.

"I'm glad we're still friends" He says quietly.

"Aw, me too" I reply while he continues to hug me tightly.

I feel a paining sensation towards my stomach area- like rumbling, undoubtedly from hunger- and suddenly remember the doctor's warning.

"Ah Leon, that sort of hurts" I say pulling away immediately. I couldn't help but clutch my stomach.

"Oh sorry, did I do anything?"

"No... It's actually not you, maybe I'm hungry."

"Oh okay, I'll get you some take-out food then"

"Okay cool" I smile. "Uhm... Maybe a salad?"

"Wow, are you suddenly going vegan?" He says letting out a little chuckle.

"No stupid, I just like to be healthy sometimes" I smirk. "Now go get me my food."

"Okay, okay!" He says raising his hands.

I find myself smiling the next minute and warm under my hospital blanket, thinking of the future. I'm somewhat hoping it's a girl... I don't know why...I guess it's because I've always liked the name 'Catarina'... I thought about what she could look like. Will she have my black hair and my hazel eyes? Or will she have her father's brown hair and green eyes? At that instant, my smile faded and a frown painted across my face. All I could think about was the near future... How will I be able to tell Diego that he's the father?

---

🙊

Hi ❤️sorry for spamming you guys.. I'm just trying to update as much as I can before break is over because i won't have time to update unfortunately😓

Hope you enjoyed the chapter💕 if there is any specific book you would like me to update next, feel free to DM me✌️

🌿~Mayma