Chapter 1

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom!"

"What?!"

"Oh god! You look scary!" My eyes widened when I saw her furious face. Trust me when I say she looked scary. Guess I shouted a lot. Huh. But seriously, she looks so scary.

"Los, you were going to tell me something....."

Oh right....

"Mom! My birthday present! Can I get it?It is already 12 o'clock.", I said, with a huge smile on my face. Finally sixteen years old. I know it's not much of a big deal but my friends are all already sixteen. I was the only one left and today, I can join them again. My friends always used to brag about their age to me. Ha! Now they'll stop.

Our winter vacation was going to end tomorrow. I haven't met my friends in a long time. We hung out a few times but that was it. I am sure they'll come today.

"Oh! Your present......", Mom said, with a secretive smile."I guess I lost it. Sorry?"

Oh Mom! You can never lie. Especially with that smile on your face.

I sighed. " Mom! You told the same thing last year. I can't be patient this time. Can I have my present now? Please?"

I gave a puppy dog face knowing she wouldn't be able to refuse. She sighed.

"Fine. It's in the second drawer of the cabinet in your father's office."

My mom always hid the presents of my biethdays in different drawers of my house. Sixteen different drawers for sixteen different birthdays. Everytime I have to ask her which one she kept the present in because there are so many drawers in my house. When I moved here, I had once counted the number of drawers and I lost count after eighteen.

I ran to my father's office knocked on the door. When I heard a 'come in', I went in.

He was there with a smile on his face. Many papers and files were shattered on his table. I looked around. The whole room was neat and clean except his table. I wonder what he does there all the time. I saw the wooden cabinet in the corner of the room and my face lightened.

"Present?", Dad asked with a knowing smile. I nodded.

"Go on then. Open it up."

I ran to the corner. Well, not exactly ran because the room wasn't so big. I opened the drawer and found a wrapped present. It was the size of a book.....

"It's not a book."

I looked up to see my dad looking at me intently to see my reaction.

Hmm......If it's not a book.......what could it be??

I started guessing but gave up after a while. Well, whatever it is, now it is mine. I opened the wrapper and the box the present was in. I was surprised to find.......another box?

I looked at my dad, who was still looking at me with his work glasses perched on his nose. I opened the second box and a amazed and happy smile came on my face. It was an iPhone! I had always wanted it but my parents had told me to use an old cell phone because i might misuse it.

"Happy birthday, Los!"

I hugged my dad and thanked him. I went out of the room to hug mom but banged into amelie, my ten year ols sister, who was also enthusiastically bouncing down the stairs.

"Ow! Watch where you're going!" She looked up and instantly smiled."Happy birthday, sis!"

"Thanks!"I smiled and suddenly gave a mischeivious grin." Amy. I, Losaine, am six years older than you and demand more respect from you."