Chapter 8

"Los! Zack is here!"

"Coming!" I huffed.

One week gone and my daily routine has totally changed. Zack drives me to school and I have to sit in the boring classes with my friends. Zack and I go out after school testing new restaurants. And then I'm back home going online on facebook, just scrolling the newsfeed because I've got no interest in other's life. Well, everyone likes a bit of gossip but all I hear are things from Scarlett, who can be categorized as the gossip girl.

I still catch Niccolo looking at me at school but he ignores us most of the time. He, now, hangs out with the jocks. No surprises there because we had predicted it. I don't know what his problem is and I don't think I want to find out. I'm giving Zack a chance but I know we're never going to have that spark. But still, aren't those sparks just in movies?

I sighed, grabbing my backpack and heading downstairs. I went towards the door when somebody grabbed my hand. I turned back to find my sister looking at me.

"Los, you need to come home early tonight. I need you to dress me up like last time. Oh and the nails! Please! please! Pretty please! Please?", she pleaded with those googly eyes and a pout, which makes me agree with her everytime.

I sighed. "I told you I'll only paint your nails once and mom hasn't gave you permission yet, Am." Seriously! I just painted her nails and helped her dress up once, and she thinks I have fashion sense.

"Once! Just once. Tonight is a BIG party at Kassidy's house. She's the new girl and like always, I have to make the best impression of course. Please?"

Knowing that I can't ever have my way with that look on her face, I finally gave up. "Fine. But only once?"

She nodded. I waved at her and went outside the door to a smiling Zack.

"Hey!"

I smiled back at him. "Hey. Seems like someone's in a good mood."

I got in the car and switched to my favourite channel on the radio. He pulled out of the driveway and glanced at me once before looking at the road.

"Yeah well I got the permission to go to the trip to Italy yesterday!", he exclaimed with such enthusiasm I couldn't help but smile.

"That's great but I still haven't asked my mother. I don't like Italy for some reason that's unexplainable."

"But you've got to come. I'm not going without you!"

I laughed at his childish whining and said,"Well it won't make a difference anyway."

He fake gasped as he pulled into the parking lot of the school. " Of course it does!"

I smiled as I got out of the car. I gave him a quick peck on the lips and told him I'll think about it before going into the building. I did see Niccolo glaring at me but ignored it.

I mean, it's not like I've done anything wrong. If he can be with any girl then I can be with any boy. He hurt me and now give me looks that I don't know the meaning of.

The hallway was quite clear because everyone hung out grassy grounds outside before school. I spotted a familiar blonde. Scarlett was with Jake and Cayden. Alice and Brendon weren't there. It was a normal thing because, you see, here it was friends before boyfriends or girlfriends.

Jake was wearing a t-shirt showing off his muscles and being the quarterback made many girls turn their heads towards him. His brown hair looked like he ran his hand through his hair a number of times. He was good looking but he was my childhood friend so I've never felt attracted towards him.