Chapter 2

I woke up to the ever so annoying sound of my alarm. The one thing I don't like being unique is my alarm clock. Instead of some ding dong bells music, I wake up to the sound of rooster every morning.

I groaned but suddenly realized that it is the first day of school. I groaned again. Long time ago, and by that I mean really really long time ago, I used to like to go to school. I wonder why.

Now, school is just not my thing. I can meet my friends without going to school. And studies are just so boring. It's not like I suck at it or anything. I'm a straight A student and am proud of it. The boring thing is to study daily and not only before exams.

"Losaine!" My sister sang my name.

"Ugh, what?" Unlike me, Am was a morning person.

"Mom said that if you don't get ready in five minutes, you'll be late and will have to drop me to school." She smirked.

I guess she's already made a plan to get back at me for my last prank when I kept a fake spider inside her schoolbag and fake snake under the covers of her bed and replaced her tiara which she won at a 'Little Miss Talent' competition. Though she screamed a lot by the first two pranks, she cried most for the last one. I mean, who cares for a stupid tiara! Well, I heard that my mom used to. Like mother like younger daughter.

"Nine more minutes!"

I snapped out of my thoughts , glared at her and ran into the bathroom.

I took the shortest shower ever and got ready in five minutes.

Hmmm. I should star in the next fast and furious. Well, I am fast but not furious. Sooo......I cannot act in-

"Losaine! Two more minutes!", mom shouted.

Shit! Shit! One minute already gone!

I ran downstairs to the kitchen, drank the juice and grabbed a toast. I checked myself in the mirror in the kitchen. I don't know why is a mirror there but I am not complaining as long as it is useful to me.

The girl staring at me had black midnight eyes and dark brown wavy hair, still a bit wet from the bath. She wore dark denim pants and a cute cropped t-shirt. Overall I looked good and ready for the first day. Unlike Scarlett, I never apply makeup when going to school. I grabbed my glasses, bid goodbye to my parents and went out.

I don't wear glasses much. Sometimes in school I need it so I always brought it with me to school and, well, also because teachers in our school tend to ask less questions to nerd looking students.

I ran to the bus stop and reached there just in time for the bus. I had finished my toast on the way.

As I went to climb the bus, I banged into something, or rather someone. The guy turned to look at me when I apologized.

He had black hair and a pair of grey eyes. They were mesmerizing as if you're falling into them or something. He was new because I've never seen him in school. He had the perfect face and body, I noticed, every boy would want. The face looked familiar but I'm sure I hadn't met him before.....

I shook my head when I realized I was staring at him intently. I apologized again and went inside the bus to sit at my usual seat which was near the back.

I always sat alone in the bus. It was a peaceful time for me to daydream or sort problems and I liked it. No one ever sat with me. I never let them. And now they don't bother me.

Unfortunately, the new boy came to sit next to me.

I gave a questioning look that said ' what are you doing here?'.