Chapter 4

"If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!"

"What?! No! I'm not happy."

"If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!" CLAP! CLAP!

"Losaine!"

"If you're happy and you know and you really want to show,

If you're happy and you know clap your hands!"CLAP! CLAP!

Right now, I'm avoiding 'the talk' with Scarlett, as she calls it. I mean, isn't 'the talk' supposed to between your parents and you? But here, according to Scarlett, she's supposed to give 'the talk' about my 'destined partner' because 'destiny' let me meet Zachary differently. I mean, me and Zachary? Pfft. We haven't even met properly.......

Well, we did meet but as soon as I saw Scarlett there and realized the situation, I pushed him and ran back to classroom. Niccolo said that his assignment was due tomorrow and had some work today. So, we decided to go to library tomorrow morning. I'd been successful in avoiding Scarlett in school but she followed me to my home and my mother, being the kind person she is, allowed her in.

And here we are...........

"If you're happy and you know, stamp your feet!"

What? I know it's a stupid song but I didn't have time to think when Scarlett came barging into my room. So, I sang the first song on my mind. Loudly.

"If you don't stop singing that stupid song, I'm going to send love messages to Zachary from your phone!"And that shut my mouth immediately.

"Now listen miss. You have explanation to do."

"What explanation?"

"How did you end up in that position?"

"What position?" I played the dumb card.

She narrowed her eyes at me but then smiled. Well, that's weird.......

She, then, held my phone with one hand and showed me. She started typing to............ whose number is that?

Hmm...

And then I gasped. Zachary, of course!

"No no no! Fine! I'll tell you." She kept typing. "Delete that."

She typed more and then finished. But she didn't press send. I sighed, relieved.

"Now now, Los. I'm not so bad you know." Scarlett dramatically sighed as I rolled my eyes. "But I will send it if you don't answer my questions."

"That's not fair! There's nothing to question! Especially if it's about that Zachary guy."

Ignoring me, she continued."The first question is very simple. It goes like this......" She pauses, dramatically.

"Well, where is the question?"

"How.....did......you.......end......up......in.......that......position?" She pauses after each word. And I decided to mimic her.

"I.....tripped.......and.......he.......fell.......with.......me"

"Very well. Second question. Who do you like? Zachary or Niccolo?" She asked this one pretty quick, knowing that I would deny as soon as I hear their name.

"C'mon Scarlett! Even if I did like one of them, which is not gonna happen, I would know after I know them for like one year or something, maybe. So don't bother me about this, 'kay?"

"Yeah." Woah! She agreed with me?

"Now's not the time, I guess." She sighed.

Really? Am I dreaming?