Chapter 5

The next few days went on. The new boys, Zachary and Niccolo, sat with us at lunch. We didn't object at all. I did wait for Zack's text messages or a call but didn't get any. True to his words, he didn't come online at night.

And maybe I started to like Niccolo's fast and cocky comebacks. What is wrong with me? Did I just say what I thought I said? Ugh! Never mind.

Moving on. Zachary? Well, it turned out that he was a lot friendly and funny and he didn't remind me of our embarrassing encounter at all. He seemed like the type who'd always be there for me. Now I don't know if it is as a friend or more.

I scolded myself. Sheesh! Scarlett's words are getting in my head. I'm starting to think of two people I just met barely a week ago.

Scarlett didn't really get a chance to ask me questions for which I was doing a happy dance until I got a message.

It was eight on a friday night when I got suddenly got three messages. Wow. Three at once? Talk about timing.

The first was from Scarlett.

Dear Losaine,

Dont think u're off the hook. 3:) I've a lot of questions and we have a lot of catch up to do. I practically didn't meet u for days! So meet me 2morow at The heaven, 12 o'clock sharp. Dont u plan on bailing me.

Scarlett xoxo

Of course Scarlett wouldn't forget. And we didn't meet for days? We talked today. At school.  Every class.

I slumped in my bed and scrolled down the messages to find one that'll lighten my mood. The next message was from an unknown number. I opened it.

Hi. Sorry I wasn't able to text or call you. I wanted to tell you something.

Zack.

I perked up on the bed. Zach finally texted me! I quickly answered: What is it?

After half a minute, I got my answer.

I've known you for a few days, now. You know me too. And I was wondering if you'd like to go out with me? Sunday?

That did lighten my mood a thousand times more. Who could it be? Someone I've started to know well in just a few days? I don't know any Zack.

But then a thought excited me.

What if it's Niccolo and he just didn't tell me his real name?

 But then the stupid half of my mind fought back. Why do you care about that anyways? Did you start liking him so much that you'd want to go out with him?

Ugh! Go away stupid mind. And ha! That's funny. Me going out with Niccolo? Never gonna happen. He's the stupid, most annoying and obnoxious person. He sure did know how to annoy people, atleast me.

I looked at the text once again. I replied.

Sure. Why not. :)

I mean, of course I can give him a chance. I felt like I could trust him. I know I know it's not safe to meet someone you don't even know. So, Maybe I should tell him to meet at some familiar place.

What about the Choco cafe? I asked.

The Choco cafe was where my friends and I usually used to meet. So, I knew some workers there pretty well.

Sure =]

Butterflies started flying in my stomach because of this mystery person. Who could it be? But no worries because I've always liked mysteries. So, I left that topic and moved on to the next message.

I'm sorry to cancel the library plans. Can we go tomorrow? I need the assignment for Monday. And you could definitely be of some help. ;)

It was Niccolo. I could be of some help? Yah right. He only needed someone to annoy, I'm sure. But I can't deny the fact that I really wanted to go. 

Maybe :p

He replied soon. Oh c'mon Losaine. I really need your help.

I didn't answer just to annoy him. After about two minutes, my cell phone lit up.

"I don't know why, what I'm doing what I'm doing

See, baby I, apologize

For all the things that I've done that I've done

See I've known that I've been a fool for far too long

And baby you have it, I go around to wait, just come back to papa

Please baby, baby won't you stay

If you really love me then why are you leavin me"

The song played on. It was an Italian song called crazy which I didn't know at all. Me and Scarlett had searched it in the internet. So, I knew who was calling everytime.

It was Niccolo calling me. I smiled to myself but dropped it when I realized I was smiling.

Why was I even smiling. Scarlett's weirdness has been rubbing off on me.

I let my phone ring for a while and picked it up.

"You've got to come." An rich italian accent whined on the phone.

"As I said, Maybe."

"What? Why maybe? What is stopping you?"

"Because I know you're just going to annoy me."

"No, I'll not, I promise."

Hmmm. Maybe I should go but we can make a few more bargains when I hav the upperhand.

"Maybe if you'll give me a delicious chocolate treat then I would consider it"

He chuckled, making me smile. " Anything for you, sweetheart."

I blushed. It seemed nice to hear from his mouth. But what am I thinking? I am confusing myself more everyday. I shook the thoughts out of my head.

"Very well then. You have me to accompany you to the library." I said in a business-like voice but then laughed because it sounded funny to my own ears. He laughed with me.

"Nice to hear that. Oh and I'll pick you up at two?"

Well I had to meet Scarlett at twelve so, if Scarlett doesn't make any other plans, which I doubt, then I guess I can meet him at two. Of course I can't delay this because the library closes at four.

"Yeah, I guess it'll be ok. I'm going out with Scarlett at two so don't come to my house. I'll text you where to pick up."

"Perfect. Okay gotta go. So, don't ditch me. Bye sweetiepie......hmm that rhymes."

I laughed. "Bye Niccolo."

"Hey! No nicknames for me?"

"I don't call anyone by nicknames and if you desperately want one, you better keep your promise of not annoying me."

"Not annoying you tomorrow" He corrected. "Got it. Adieu."

I smiled and hung up. Seems like my weekend plans are fixed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update. I tried to update daily but had some homeworks to complete :'(

Anyways, I hope I get more votes from you all and thanks for reading :)