73

Y/N's POV

"Is that enough for goodluck?" Lauren softly asked me as my mouth hung open.

"Uh.." No words came out of my mouth. Lauren patted my shoulder, smiling while she pulled her face away from the side of mine.

Honestly, that might make me be thrown off of my game even more than it would without.

Lauren sat back down as I gulped. I nodded to try to shake the extra thoughts and daydreaming away. I closed my eyes to recollect myself then I opened my eyes to lean down again and pull the billiards stick back. I squinted my eyes then hit the que ball towards the solid 3. Lauren and I watched the 3 of solids start rolling towards a middle pocket.

"Wowwww" Lauren uttered as the ball landed in with ease. "Okay! You got lucky" She tried to brush off my skills but it was all playful

"Right, it was just luck." I pretended to wipe a tear from my cheek and sniffled, making Lauren question my actions then 'HAHAHA'

3 Minutes Later

"NOO" Lauren dropped to her knees again. I couldn't help but smile at the girl. "How did you get all of that in one go?!"

"I DON'T KNOW" I responded back to her.

"Have you ever played before?" Lauren squinted her eyes at me, probably suspicious.

"No.. not knowing the proper rules and junk anyways-" I shook my head. "I played as a kid like twice but just to hit the balls into the pockets with the stick" I chuckled. "Never knew how it actually worked or to win till 8 ball."

"I-" Lauren facepalmed. "I should have won."

"We can go again" I suggested and she agreed, nodding for emphasis with a wrinkle between her eyebrows. Her fist was clenched in determination and as motivation.

"I must win." Lauren was determined, she walked around the table to collect the balls from the pockets and set it up while I went to lean against the table where it won't interfere with her actions. "Alright, I want to see you break the triangle and get the 3 of stripes in."

".." I tried to process that lofty request. "I don't...I don't think... I can do that?"

"No no, you can definitely do it." My crush disagreed with me, giving me a thumbs up.

"But that's very specific-" Lauren waved her hand in fromt of me to get me to stop talking.

"Just try" Lauren insisted.

2 Minutes Later

"WHAT?!" Lauren shouted, her hands running through her hair. "AGAIN?- I didn't even get to go once?!" She huffed, crossing her arms. "Run it up again, I need to win one."

20 Minutes Later

"YES!" Lauren dropped the stick and raised her arms up. "I FINALLY WON." My hands met each other in a clapping motion to congratulate her as a wide grin formed on my lips. "STOP CLAPPING- I KNOW YOU LET ME WIN BUT VICTORY STILL TASTES SO, SO SWEET"

Lauren bounced foot to foot then stood between my legs where I was sitting and snaked her arms under mine then wrapped them around me. It took me a second before I reciprocated the action because I had to process that. "Did you wanna go again?"