6.

Rosie

As I walk through the door of our house I feel a sense of relief wash over me. As much as I enjoy travelling I'm happy to be home and even happier to be sleeping in my own bed tonight. "I guess you are at the factory tomorrow?" George asks placing his suitcase at the bottom of the stairs "actually Claire gave me tomorrow off" his eyebrows raise "that's nice, what are you going to do with your free day?" He asks following me to the kitchen where I switch on the washing machine emptying the contents of my suitcase into it "probably just get some jobs done around the house" I tell him with a shrug "oh I thought you might make plans with Norris" I fight the grin that threatens to cover my face "well he only just put up with me last night"I justify "he should want to every night" George quickly quips back looking unimpressed "well I haven't asked I am just assuming" I say trying to deflect his distaste away. I don't want to come across as too needy "nah I've been looking forward to being home" he smiles "me too Rose, I'm off tomorrow as well wanna go grab breakfast after I finish my training?" I nod my head "that would be lovely George" it's already really late so I double check that I have put the washing machine on "I'm going to head up to bed" I let George know who just nods as he is pulling some food out of the cupboards "see you in the morning Rosie"

The ringing of my phone wakes me up and I see Lando's name on the screen. It's 7.30am "hello?" I can hear my morning voice "Good morning Rosie" he sounds really chirpy "no offence but why are you calling me this early?" I ask and he chuckles "Well I'm off today and wondered if you wanted to do something?" He asks me and suddenly I'm wide awake "I'm off today, I'm meeting George in town for breakfast but I'm free all afternoon" I rush out "cool shall I pick you up at 12?" He asks and I nod stupidly before I remember he can't see me "sure, see you then" I finally respond "can't wait" he tells me before we say goodbye and I fling myself out of the bed rushing towards the bathroom. As I'm meeting George for breakfast I want to be ready for this afternoon in case I have no time later. The weather is average for spring in the UK and I pull on a pair of white jeans with a black crop top and a pink shacket. I put on light make up, no need to go full face Lando knows exactly what I look like. I check my phone and see that I need to leave now to meet George. I pull my handbag off of my door and rush down the stairs throwing on my white Veja trainers. I double check I have everything I need in my handbag before grabbing the keys to my VW Golf. This is a usual routine for me and George as his trainer picks him up and I then bring him home if we meet for breakfast.

I pull up in a car park close to our favourite brunch spot in Oxford. I lock my car and walk quickly towards the cafe knowing George is already likely to be there. I see him from a mile off, somehow George is over 6" and I'm 5"1 which is something he has always taken the piss out of me for. He spots me "ROSIE" he tells drawing attention from everyone who is milling around. Being George's first year in F1 he isn't overly recognised but I know that will change next year. "Morning George" he grins at me "you look better than usual" he tells me pulling out his phone and snapping a picture of me "well I have plans later" I say and lead him into the cafe "with who?" He asks and I can just tell he knows the answer already "table for 2 please" I change the conversation by asking the waitress who leads us to a small table in the window "who Rosie?" George taunts me "Lando but I'm sure you already know as somehow he knows I have a day off today" he smiles "it was cute to be fair, he messaged this morning to ask if you were working because he didn't want to call and look like an idiot" I giggle as that is such a typical Lando move "why am I not surprised?" I ask George who just shrugs at me "he is how he is, speaking of what is going on between you?" I find myself shrugging in response "well he has been calling it dates but we seem to just be hanging out more as friends, it's nice" George looks pleased that I referred to it as friends "well as long as he isn't rushing you" he tells me "he isn't, but I am confused as to what it is but I'm trying to go with it" he rolls his eyes at me "you control freak Rosie are trying to go with it?" The disbelief is visible on his features "oh shut up" I tell him before taking a bite of my blueberry pancakes "I'm very jealous that you get to eat what you want" he glares at my plate "Lando pretty much said the same the other day, but I'm not a racing driver" I tell him "I know, still doesn't stop me from complaining" I laugh "I've missed hanging out" I tell him meaning it "well you've got someone else to keep you busy" he jokes with me.