46.

Rosie

"George has invited my parents to sit in his garage this weekend" I say to Charles and I see the apprehension on his face "Are you going to tell them?" He asks and I nod softly "I can't put it off they deserve to know" He nods "Absolutely, would you like me to be there?" He asks me and again I nod "I'm not certain I would be able to do it without you" He frowns "Rosie you are the strongest woman I know, this is going to be difficult but they will only want to support you" I know he is right but how do you tell your parents that you are dying? How am I going to tell George that I wont be around to be his annoying younger sister anymore. It's alot of pressure as I know it will hurt them, how could it not? I pull out my team kit and place it into the wardrobe next to his. He wraps his arms around my waist from behind "You look great in Ferrari red you know" he murmurs into my ear and I can't hide the shiver that runs down my spine. I lean into him feeling the exhaustion wash over me. "Your tired, come on lets get you into bed" he tells me handing me one of his shirts to change into. I pull it over my head and crawl under the covers. He pulls me into his side once he joins me and I snuggle into him "I love you so much" I tell him and he kisses the top of my head "I love you even more" he says and I feel my eyes getting heavy.

The alarms sounding wakes me up from what ended up being a terrible nights sleep. I kept waking up panicking over data, worrying about the car set up this weekend but I know what I'm really worried about is seeing my parents. "Morning Mon Amour' Charles says to me when he notices that I'm awake "Good morning, we should really get moving" he nods and gestures for me to take the bathroom. I pad my way into the small room and strip my PJs off. I stand there for a second staring into the long mirror, I can't help but feel betrayed by my own body. In a moment of bravery I decide I would like Charles to join me in the shower "CHARLES" I yell and he comes running "You okay?!?" He asks panicked "I want you to join me" His expression changes to a smirk "Oh really?" He asks noticing that I'm already completely naked "Yes" I say firmly and step into the stream of water letting it wash over my skin before closing my eyes as the water runs over my hair. After a few seconds I feel his hands on my skin and I let myself get lost in him.

"Come on, I have a car this weekend" he tells me "Okay" I follow him through the hotel doors before he grabs my hand noticing the amount of photographers camped out even at this time of the morning. We are in the routine of him heading to the track with me and then him and Andrea will go and do his morning workout. I climb into the Ferrari that he has for this weekend and relax into the soft leather of the seat as Coldplay blasts through he speakers. It moments like these that I want to hold onto forever. I gaze out of the window taking in the Germany countryside, potentially for the final time. I let out a sigh and that attracts Charles's attention "Mon amour?" He asks and I look over at him seeing that he is fully concentrating on the road "sorry, I'm okay just taking in the world" A small frown settles on his features and I know he is thinking similar thoughts to me. He swings the car into a space once we reach the track and I open my door slowly placing my feet on the ground. Charles swings my backpack over his shoulder, carrying his kitbag. I go to argue but I realise that he is just doing what he can to look after me and I can't argue with that.

I walk into the garage and turn it go into Carlos' side "See you at lunch?" Charles asks and I grin at him "Absolutely" I tell him and he gives me a soft kiss before walking to his driver room. I wander into the garage and notice that Jake and Adam are both here already "Morning" I say getting their attention "Hey Ro, how are you feeling?" Adam asks and I smile "I'm okay, I need a good result this weekend" I joke and Jake giggles "I'm sure Carlos will give it his best shot" he tells me and I laugh "You okay Jake?" I ask as I see him quite distracted "Oh um yeah, I'm okay RoRo don't worry!" He assures me before focusing his attention back onto the car. "He is okay, just worried about you, he will be better after this weekend" Adam tells me placing his arm on my shoulder "Okay Adam, tell him that I'm okay" he nods "Of course, you know where we are if you need us" he tells me and grins. I walk over to my seat and greet Franny "Morning Rosie, you okay?" He asks and I nod "I'm feeling a podium this weekend" he smiles "Absolutely, I'm certain we can try" he tells passing over the pit stop strategies for this weekend.