Chapter 13

Oikawa's POV

"...You're an Unblessed?" Iwaizumi said to me. I lifted my head and looked at him before nodding.

"...Yes." I said simply, everyone watching in silence. Iwaizumi scowled before walking up to me, grabbing the collar of my shirt and yanking me towards him. He looked at me angrily, looking ready to kill.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us."

"Because I had no choice but to join you guys..!"

"No, you aren't one of us. But you are required to be here." He said, pushing me away. I stumbled backwards as he turned around and headed for the door.

"Stay the hell out of our way. And Bokuto. If you want to give up so easily, then fine." Iwaizumi said as he left. Everyone looked at me as I adjusted my shirt.

"You really are an Unblessed?" Kuroo asked me with a surprised look. I looked over at him before noticing that everyone was staring at me. 

"...Leave me alone." I said, walking away as well. 

Couple Hours Later

Guess Bokuto decided to stay here with us... well.. Iwaizumi and the others. We had left that village a while ago, and were headed to Hawksmoore. I suppose we were getting close considering how many winged creatures were circling around. That and Atsumu said we were getting close.

When we decided to stop and camp out for the night, I volunteered to stay up for watch. Bokuto was too concerned to make a fire, so Atsumu got his familiar to make it for us. Everyone was pretty much passed out for the night, leaving me alone.

Maybe I shouldn't have told the others that I was an Unblessed.. but, it had made me angry when Bokuto said those words. People with glyphs always told us we were weak. They treated us like we were just disposible... just mistakes. 

Who knows what I was thinking when I blurted out I was an Unblessed earlier. If I hadn't, then maybe Iwaizumi wouldn't be so mad at me. And just when I thought he was finally starting to warm up to me a bit.  I don't know why, but, I was more upset over Iwaizumi hating me than I thought. I just... it'd be nice if he actually- gah, stupid Iwaizumi.. who needs his affectio- er, approval....

I stared up at the sky, looking at the moon. I don't understand why I had to be an Unblessed. It made me a freak compared to the others. And everyone has made that rather clear. Especially Iwaizumi... 

"Hello." I heard someone say. I stood up, drawing my sword and looking around.

"Who's there."

"Up here." I tilted my head back, seeing... I'm not entirely sure what I was looking at, but, it was a beautiful woman with a pair of wings. She smiled at me, sliding off of the cloud she was lounging on and landing gracefully next to me.

"Who are you..."

"I am Selene. Better known to you as Luna." She said with a smile. I widened my eyes before furrowing my brows.

"...The moon goddess... What.. what are you doing.. here?"

"I heard your calls. You're one of the Unblessed. I'm here to make you an offering." She said, stepping around me, her dress swirling by our feet.

"Why are you doing all this. You and your servants have caused so much pain."

"You don't understand our goal." She said, grazing the back of her hand over my cheek. 

"...Then explain it to me." 

"That wish you made... Is the one thing you'd really wish for is a glyph?"

"..."

"I can give that to you." 

"..You can?"

"Of course I can. I can give you more than one. You'd be powerful, no longer defenseless and different than anyone else."

"..Why would you do that?" 

"You are powerful. More than you think. I'll give you whatever your heart desires. In exchange for one thing." She said with a smile, her eyes glowing a deep purple. I didn't even notice when I had dropped my sword and both her hands were cupping my cheeks. I stared at her, feeling a haze wash over me.

"So? Do you accept my offer, Oikawa?" 

Next Morning: Iwaizumi's POV

What? Where the hell was Oikawa? 

I got up, noticing his sword was on the ground. I furrowed my brows, leaning down and picking it up. 

"Everything okay?" I turned my head when Kuroo walked over. He looked down at the sword in my hand before yawning.

"Hey, is that Oikawa's? Where is he??"

"...I don't know."

"That's... worrisome. Maybe we should go look for-"

"No."

"What?"

"We don't need him. Go wake up the others, and we will continue." I said, Kuroo furrowing his brows at me before walking over to where the others were still sleeping. 

I examined the sword in my hand, looking for any blood or anything on it. It appears to be clean. Did Oikawa simply decide to leave and left the sword? It doesn't seem characteristic of him... He may be an Unblessed and no warrior, but, he did have a kind heart..

It seems strange to think that he simply would have left all of us. It seemed that he was beginning to realize he wanted to help. Maybe I was too harsh on him the other night.. 

"Hey, Iwaizumi, ready to go?" I heard one of the others say. I looked over at them all before silently dropping the sword and dusting my hands off.

"Yeah. Let's go."