Chapter 30

Oikawa's POV

"F-Fiance..!?" I said in a bit, no, a lot of shock. Iwa-chan rubbed the back of his neck before sighing.

"Well.. he and I were engaged before the mission. But he and I both agreed to hold off the engagement when I left." Iwa-chan said to the guy who waved his hand dismissively.

"Yes. BUT you're home now!" He said happily. Iwa-chan sighed quietly while all I could just do is... stand there. I mean... I.. 

"... Uhm.. give us a moment, please.." Iwa-chan said quietly.

"...Huh? Oh... uh, right. I'm.. going to the inn to lay down." I muttered before quietly walking past them. I had no idea Iwa-chan was engaged... he never told me.. Is he.. is he hiding anything else from me? I mean, I'd think normally that telling me he's ENGAGED wouldn't be a big deal.... except for all the things he's said to me.. and how many times he's kissed me. 

Was I just... his convenience..? Does he.. plan on marrying that guy instead now that we're home..? I wouldn't blame him, if he does. 

Iwaizumi's POV

After Oikawa left, I sighed quietly and turned to face my own fiancé. He laughed and grabbed my hands, beginning to drag me off. 

"Hikaru, I can't go home right now. The others and I must report to the king we are back."

"Oh you can spare ONE day. Tell him tomorrow!"

"..."

"Oh! Hajime, wait until you see what I've been doing with the place! OH and Mei is going to be SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU."

"Hikaru."

"I've finally fixed the gardens into something manageable and now the veggies are actually growing."

"Hikaru.."

"I know, crazy right? You never said I'd be able to grow our own food. OH! We need to get your ring! I kept it somewhere safe so that you could put it back on when you returned home." He blabbed excitedly. I sighed as he dragged me to the small cottage he and I lived in. I walked inside, seeing he has indeed decided to decorate it very differently. But he has had a lot of time to do so. 

"Hajime, here." He said, grabbing my hand. I let him slip on my engagement ring. I watched his hand, looking at the engagement ring on his own hand. 

"...Hikaru... I need to talk to you abou-" I started, but stopped when he suddenly grabbed onto me and started softly crying. 

"I was so scared you'd die... I don't know what I would've done if you didn't come home."

"...I'm still alive.. so... don't worry." I mumbled, giving him a comforting hug. He nuzzled his face to my chest before there was some noise from down the hall. Hikaru pulled away and sniffled before laughing slightly.

"I think you should go get that." He said. I nodded and walked to the room, slowly opening the door and over to the small bed. Hikaru stayed by the doorway and watched as I slowly picked up the 1 year old baby girl, Mei. 

"Heh... hi baby." I mumbled to her. Mei opened her eyes, and her fussing stopped immediately. Her eyes went wide as she began laughing and smiling uncontrollably. 

Mei was actually Hikaru's daughter, technically. Mei's mother left after finding Hikaru flirting with me. And she left Mei with him. I had planned on legally adopting Mei once Hikaru and I were married to officially make her both of our daughter. So I had never truly considered her as mine.

"She missed you just as much as I did." Hikaru said quietly, walking closer. I looked down at him before turning my attention back to Mei.

What do I do..? I... I fell in love with Oikawa while away. But here... I had the duty to be Hikaru's husband, and Mei's father. I couldn't simply abandon either of them. 

Time Skip to Night: Oikawa's POV

"Oikawa...?" I didn't bother looking. I tucked my knees up closer to my chest. 

"..."

"..Oikawa. I know I should have told you... but-"

"But what.."

"..."

"Was I just someone you were tricking so you could survive?"

"What?"

"You needed someone to throw your stupid emotions at. So you chose me... if you didn't, you'd probably just explode. So better use me than risk yourself." 

"That isn't what happened, Oikawa."

"Then what was it..!?" I shouted, twisting to look up at him. Iwaizumi just looked at me quietly before slowly letting out a breath.

"...I'm sorry, Oikawa."

"Were you lying...?"

"No. I wasn't."

"Then why didn't you tell me.."

"I.. I don't know. I know it was wrong."

"...Are you.. still going to marry him..?"

"It's my job to."

"Well what about what your heart wants to do...?" I mumbled quietly, turning to rest my chin back on my knees. Iwaizumi said nothing. So.. I knew his choice was already made.

"I'm so sorry, Oikawa... I love you." He whispered after walking closer and leaning down. He gave my cheek a soft kiss before I heard him leave. I grit my teeth before taking my hand and wiping the area he kissed me. 

"...I love you too..."

A few more hours passed. But I didn't move. I don't even think I can if I tried. What do I do... I don't wanna go back to that inn and see Iwa-chan. Actually, who knows. He might be home with his fiancé. 

"Hey." I slowly turned my head, seeing Iwa-izumi's fiancé walk over. 

"...Hi."

"So. I never really got to meet you. I know all the others of Hajime's group. I'm Hikaru."

"Well.. I'm not really part of their group. I'm just someone who was told to help temporarily." 

"Ohhh. Gotcha."

"....Yeah." I grumbled slightly. I guess I was being pretty rude. But... everything felt like such a mess. It was hard to not be... angry.

"Hey, guess what?"

"..What."

"Do you know why Hajime wouldn't dare break off his engagement to me?"

"..."

"He and I knew each other when we were little. We lived in the same village. But that isn't the reason."

"Then what is."

"His parents wanted us to be married. He and I used to overhear them and my parents discussing arranged marriage."

"..."

"And Hajime wouldn't dare break a dear wish to his deceased family. So don't get your hopes up, Oikawa Tooru." He said to me before turning to leave. I took in a slow breath before furrowing my brows.

"Hikaru.."

"Yes?"

"...How did you know my name?" I asked. Hikaru just smiled at me before walking away.