Chapter 27

Oikawa's POV

"Iwa-chan... What's this about?" I asked softly, our lips still touching. He pulled away slightly, keeping his gaze down before sighing softly.

"...That dream I was having.. I.. You... we were married in it."

"What..??"

"I didn't know what to think of it. I didn't know what to think of you..."

"..."

"But.. the longer I try and avoid thinking of it, the more I end up believing I was so happy because of you." He mumbled. I stared at him in quiet disbelief before laughing quietly.

"Why..."

"What?"

"Why would you ever be so happy because of me? Real or not.. I'm no one special.."

"Oikawa.."

"I don't care what anyone, even the gods have said.. I never should have come with you guys. It'd have been better if I had stayed home... After all, look at all the pain that's happened because of me."

"..."

"..It makes me feel like everything would be better off if I had just died-"

"OIKAWA." Iwa-chan nearly screamed at me. I startled when he roughly grabbed my shoulders, hard enough to probably bruise me. He looked at me, a dead serious look on his face, but, it wasn't anger... He had tears in his eyes.

"Iwa-chan...???"

"Don't... Don't say that.. Nothing would be better if you died. I don't... I don't know what I would do if you did. I... don't know what to do because you already think so..." He whispered, loosening his grip and letting his hands fall down to his sides. I looked at him in silence as he let the tears in his eyes fall down his cheeks.

I wasn't sure how to handle this.. I've never seen Iwa-chan like this. He's never really shown this much vulnerability. But.. it proves that he's human. He always has to be strong and brave for everybody else. I bet it's hard... He has no one else to lean on, because he has to be there for them. But that isn't how it should be.

"Iwa-chan..." I mumbled softly, cupping his cheeks. He looked at me tiredly, not even trying to hide his distressed and weakened state. I gave him a small smile, pulling his head closer. He continued to cry quietly, moving so his arms wrapped around me and his face was nuzzled in my neck.

"I promise.. I'm not going to leave." I whispered, running my fingers through his hair. After a bit, his crying calmed down but he didn't let go of me.

"Oikawa... I love you.."

"...I love you too."

Bokuto's POV
"I'll go see how they're doing!" I said, turning to head to where Iwaizumi and Oikawa were staying to rest. I only stopped when Akaashi gently grabbed my shoulder.

"Bokuto?"

"Yes??"

"Uhm... I was thinking."

"About what?"

"You don't need to bother Oikawa about returning my glyph to me."

"Huh? Don't you want it back???"

"Perhaps in time. But.. I see no reason to rush it if we have won. Besides. No glyph isn't so bad. You aren't upset about it, are you?" Akaashi asked quietly. I smiled faintly and shook my head.

"Of course I'm not. I'm just surprised." I reassured by giving his head a kiss. Akaashi gave me a hug before I went to go check on the two. I knocked on the door, and Oikawa said to come in. I poked my head in with a smile.

"Hey, how're you guys doing?" I asked quietly since it looked like Iwaizumi was still asleep. Oikawa sighed softly and brushed his fingers through Iwaizumi's hair gently.

"He's okay. He woke up earlier. But he needed to rest some more."

"Of course. You should too."

"I will in a bit." Oikawa mumbled. I got the two some water for later before heading out to go back to helping out the others. When I got there, I noticed Akaashi wasn't there.

"Hey Kuroo, where'd Akaashi go???"

"Hm. I know him and Kenma went off that way." Kuroo said and pointed in a direction. I thanked him and went that direction. I found Kenma, but still not Akaashi... it was a bit worrying...

"Kenma.. where's Akaashi?"

"He's inside that building." He said calmly. I smiled and rushed to the building, but it was locked. What the heck?

"Akaashi??? Are you in there??!" I shouted a bit scared. After a couple of minutes, the door opened and I saw Akaashi. His face looked a bit red, something that happens when he tries not to cry. And in his arms was a baby...

"Bokuto..."

"Akaashi, what..?"

"...Kenma and I heard crying. So, we followed the noise. And one of the buildings that were collapsed from the attacks had him in it."

"....what happened to his parents...?"

"...the father was already dead. And the mother asked me to take care for him before she.." Akaashi whispered while looking down at the baby in his arms.

"Do... are you going to?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean.. the parents must have known someone in the village. We could leave the baby here." I said, not trying to be insensitive, but after what happened to Akaashi's and my last child....

"No. I want to take care of him. I want to keep him." Akaashi said softly, though his voice was full of determination. I nodded and gave his cheek a kiss before looking down at the little boy.

"Oh, Bokuto?"

"Yes?"

"He's an Unblessed."

"Is he?" I said curiously. Akaashi nodded and went back inside of the building. I followed after him and watched him walk around cradling the baby. I heard him whispering to the little one some gentle promises. I smiled slightly at the sight. Maybe this time, we can keep our son safe.