Chapter 14

Iwaizumi's POV
It baffled me where Oikawa could have gone... But I had little time to think about it. We have reached our destination. I supposed that having Atsumu here with us was useful. He knew ways around the place to avoid crowded areas or soldiers who were surely here to protect the crystal orb at the center of the village. It was a much larger place than I had thought. I hope Akaashi would be up for the task to help us.

"Alright... All of you know-"

"Uh, Iwaizumi?"

"Not now. Akaashi, you-"

"Iwaizumi."

"I said not now. You need to-"

"IWAIZUMI."

"WHAT?" I said, turning around before widening my eyes. Everyone stared before I scowled and walked forward.

"What the hell are you doing here, Oikawa?"

"Is this not where we were supposed to go next?"

"Why did you abandon us?"

"What do you mean?"

"You left in the middle of the night without warning. What if we had been attacked."

"Well what does it matter. It isn't like I'm one of you guys anyway." Oikawa said with a shrug. I furrowed my brows as Oikawa walked closer, though, he was walking closer to Akaashi. Akaashi looked at Oikawa in silence before Oikawa sighed.

"Akaashi, you've been through a lot, huh?"

"..."

"Sorry about this." Oikawa said with a smile, suddenly raising his hand and placing it on Akaashi's chest, close to his throat. Bokuto widened his eyes and went to grab Oikawa before Akaashi suddenly collapsed. I drew my sword when Oikawa suddenly waved his hand and disappeared in a puff of black and purple smoke.

....No.

Bokuto's POV
"Akaashi!?" I said, trying to get him to open his eyes. Soon, Akaashi groaned and sat up.

"What happened?" He said before claiming that he had a burning pain on his chest. I worried, moving his shirt aside before staring.

"Wh- I—"

"...What?"

"Your glyph is gone." I said, Akaashi widening his eyes and placing his hand over his collarbone. We all looked at each other a little bit panicked.. Oikawa... He just, how did he- there's no way he...

"He has a glyph." Kenma said quietly, all of us turning our attention to him. Iwaizumi clenched his fists before telling the rest of us to focus on checking the area while he spoke to Kenma in private.

Kenma's POV
"What the hell happened back there.." Iwaizumi asked when he pulled me away from the others. I sighed, crossing my arms and shaking my head.

"Oikawa has been blessed with a glyph."

"That isn't possible. He was born without one."

"But humans can be gifted glyphs."

"How."

"By the hand of the moon goddess herself."

"Why would she give Oikawa a glyph.. and why... would he do that to Akaashi?"

"I don't know. All I know is that whatever happened the night he disappeared, Selene must have paid him a visit." I said, Iwaizumi furrowing his brows and looking away in thought. Iwaizumi simply nodded his head and said he was going to go find the others. I followed him for a bit before stopping.

"Iwaizumi."

"What.."

"Are you angry at him?"

"What?"

"At Oikawa."

"What does that matter."

"You being angry at him won't do him any good." I said, but Iwaizumi just ignored me and kept going. I sighed, just shaking my head until we found the others. Iwaizumi was busy trying to figure out a good plan without being able to use Akaashi's magic while I leaned against a wall quietly. I won't tell him, but, I'm rather certain that Iwaizumi being angry at Oikawa was the reason this happened. Though, I really don't understand why Oikawa was being chosen.

Oikawa's POV
I sighed quietly, looking in the mirror in front of me. The red glyph I had taken from Akaashi now on my own skin. I stared at it in silence before feeling a hand gently rub over my shoulder and touch the glyph on my collarbone.

"It looks good on you."

"..."

"Why so upset? Isn't this what you wanted?" Luna asked with a smile, wrapping both arms around my from behind. I looked at her in our reflection before looking away.

"I suppose it is."

"Look how powerful you are now darling. I've given you the power to take whatever glyphs you'd like. And soon, you'll bear all of them and be just as powerful as me."

"But you hadn't told me I must take them from my friends."

"You really want to call them friends? After how they treated you?"

"...I.."

"They're no different than those who ridiculed you for being an Unblessed. But I fixed it now, didn't I?" She said, fluttering her wings and giving my neck a kiss. I kept my head turned down until she reached over my shoulder and tilted my chin back up and over to look at her. Her wings fluttered again as she looked at me until I felt a pain in my head.

"Oh dear, another headache?"

"Just.. a small one."

"Your body is still getting used to the glyphs." She said, turning me to face her. I opened my eyes, feeling dizzy as her eyes glowed and both her hands cupped my cheeks. Her lips pressed against mine while her hands slid up to my hair. She rested her forehead against mine and smiled faintly.

"Come with me. I'll take care of you."