Chapter 32

Mini Time Skip (Few Days): Iwaizumi's POV

"You doing alright Hajime?"

"Hm? Oh.. Yes. It's just, strange." I said as Hikaru gave my cheek a kiss. All of the others have left to return to their own homes. I've lived with and traveled with these people for a long time now, so, it felt strange just to try and think it's all over. It's strange to think I can just, live here and be married to Hikaru. 

"Hikaru?"

"Mhm??"

"I'm going to go out."

"Where?"

"Just to clear my head." I said and left. In all honesty, I want to go see Oikawa. But I know that he lives quite far, despite us sharing a home-town. Besides... He... He had told me he doesn't want to see me anymore. And I can't blame him. I never shared with him that I had a fiancé. I should have. But I'm not sure why I didn't.

I knew full well about Hikaru. Maybe I was hoping for something else..? But that's ridiculous. Oikawa and I are not meant to be together. We never were. 

As I walked, I smiled faintly to see the progress of all our hard work. There were families walking about, children running around and playing. They were all safe. This is everything that I had worked so hard to accomplish. It feels awful of me to wish I had someone else than my own fiancé to share it with. 

After walking aimlessly for a bit, I stopped and changed direction. I made my way quietly to the cemetery here. Though I knew not where my parents were after they died, I created their graves here after I moved with Hikaru. When I reached their stones, I kneeled down.

"I don't know what to do... I know you both seemed quite interested in me marrying Hikaru... But I don't love him. I want to marry the one I do love. But I fear I've lost him.." I said quietly, keeping my gaze on the dirt. 

"I wish you were both still here... To tell me what to do." I whispered, feeling a tear slip down my cheek. I saw my tears hit the dirt rather than bother drying them. I don't know what to do.. I want to do what my parents wanted. It's one of the only memories I have of them.. them discussing a marriage to me with Hikaru. 

After staying there a bit longer, I thought I heard my name. I stood up and looked around, looking for whoever was calling for me. 

"Hajime. Don't you recognize your own father's voice?" I heard the voice say with a laugh. I froze for a moment, turning to look at my parent's graves. In front of me stood what was left of their spirits.

"...Dad.. Mom... I'm sorry." 

"Hajime, don't apologize. You have nothing to apologize for."

"..."

"Your mother and I heard you.. Son, we never wanted you to marry Hikaru for the sake of marrying Hikaru. We thought it'd make you happy."

"...Perhaps at one point it would have."

"But it doesn't anymore, does it?"

"No.." 

"Then don't marry him. Your mother and I want you to do whatever makes you happy. That's all we ever wanted." My father said. I kept my head down until he walked closer. I slowly tilted my head up to meet his gaze. He smiled faintly at me, bringing his hand to my cheek, despite being unable to touch me.

"I wish you and mom were still here."

"We wish that too, son. But you can handle things yourself now. You've become a fine young man. The only thing your mother and I will require you to do is think of us at your wedding. Or we will come back to haunt you." My dad said, making me laugh slightly.

"I promise.."

"Good... Your mother and I.. we can't stay here forever."

"..I know."

"So don't stand here crying. Go do what makes you happy. You being happy.. nothing else could make us prouder."

Oikawa's POV

Gah... Stupid..

"Piece of junk!" I shouted and threw my work on the ground. I sat down with a heavy sigh and buried my face into my hands. 

"This is all stupid Iwaizumi's fault..." I mumbled to myself. I can't focus on ANYTHING... And it's all his fault!

...And it's my fault for missing him. I had told him I never wanna see him again. And, I guess that'd be better. But, it isn't what I want. But, I'm sure that it's what he wants. I mean, the stupid guy has a fiancé which for the millionth time, I may add, he never told me about..

"Stupid.. fiance. Stupid.. iwaizumi... stupid feelings... STUPI-" I stopped when there was a knock at my door. I took in a deep breath and composed myself to not look like a total lunatic. Once I calmed down, mostly, I answered the door. Great. Look who it is...

"What is it.. I thought I said I didn't want to see you again..." 

"You did."

"Then why are you here."

"Because I want you to properly reject me after hearing what I truly want."

"...What is it.."

"Oikawa, I do love you. I never wanted to marry Hikaru.. I was doing so because I believed it is what my parents wanted. But, I know that what they truly would want is for me to marry who I love."

"...Would you so easily destroy your engagement..?" I grumbled a bit angrily, crossing my arms. Iwaizumi stepped closer, gently placing his fingers under my chin and tilting my head back to look at him. 

"It would not be easy.. But I would for you." He said softly. I felt tears blur my vision, and I let Iwaizumi hug me. I wrapped my arms around him quietly for the comfort before we both heard Hikaru's voice.

"You know, you both could have made this a lot easier if you had simply stayed away from one another."