forty-eight

After I texted Kawa, telling him quickly how I couldn't make it and that I would explain later, I broke down on my bed. I needed time for myself now. Nothing would help me, not even company. 

I couldn't ignore the big impact Mattsun had on my life. He fixed me just to leave me more broke than I was before. But I guess that's just the way this world and love works. You love, you get rejected and you break. You fall in love again and this whole process repeats itself until you find someone as broken as you to somehow fix the mess that the others had left. That was exactly what happened in my life. I fell in love with Mattsun, he rejected me and broke my heart and I found Kawa to help me fix everything. He went through similar pain so he understood what a broken heart was. He was perfect for me. 

He was better than Mattsun. Yes, he had his flaws like every human being does but he was still better than the boy I loved. He was better for my mental health and seemed like a better person. They were really similar but I was able to spot the little differences. Maybe there were even more or maybe less. I wouldn't be able to tell, I haven't interacted with Mattsun in almost six years now.  

I missed him but I knew that Kawa was more important so I would try to focus on him. I wouldn't ever ruin something between us just because Mattsun decided to ruin everything by being there at the same time.