Part 1; Chapter 13 - The Color Blue

(forgot to post this on Wednesday lol)

=Rainbow Steve's POV=

I stared at the strange man in the oversized jumpsuit, and he stared back. Strangely enough, I felt as if I knew him, even though I'd only met him a few days ago under a Blue Tree Of Life.

Maybe I felt this way due to the fact I had a past with him. A past that I had somehow forgotten... It was weird, how Elemental had explained it.

But this guy Sabre... he's so.. familiar... He almost reminds me of Blue.. I smiled a bit sadly at the one called a "human". He was so kind, despite how much of a butt I've been to him these past couple of days.

"Hey, Sabre?" I said, breaking the silence. "Yeah, Rainbow? What's up?" ugh.. even his voice sounds similar.. "What's under that blindfold? A deep dark abyss? Spooky bugs?" I joked.

Sabre laughed a bit, raising his hand to his face. "I've just never really liked my eyes that much.. I've aways thought they were stupid.. unnatural.. ugly.."

"Well what would be wrong with them? Are they barf green or something?" I smiled. Sabre huffed. "No, they're just.. weird..."

"Well can I see?" I asked. Sabre seemed to tense a bit. "I- uhm-"

"Oh, sorry. Didn't know it was a sensitive topic." I dismissed. "Oh, well, it's fine, Just.. Only four people really know what they look like... My parents, my childhood friend Shark, and my cousin, Lucas... Geez, I miss Lucas..." He mumbled.

"I mean, you can trust me, I won't tell anyone, if you don't want me to." I joked. Sabre sighed. "You're my best friend, Rainbow.. Even though your memories of me are gone, I think you should know."

"Wait, really? You seriously don't have to show me in you're uncomfortable, I was joking-" I froze as I watched the bandana fall, a pair of bright, neon blue eyes opening, bright white pupils staring into mine.

Thousands of emotions ran though me all at once. Fear, happiness, excitement, sadness, regret, sorrow.. I felt it all at once. Tears came to my eyes as he frowned. "Rainbow..? What's wrong..? Is it my eyes..? It's my eyes, isn't it..."

He reached back for his bandana, but I leaned forward and grabbed it. I stared at him, him staring back at me. "Blue Steve..." I choked out.

"Huh..?" The brown haired man mumbled. I hugged him. "I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry for what happened to you..! I failed you..!" I cried.

My old friend hugged me back, wanting to comfort me. He patted my back. "Rainbow.. what are you talking about..?" He questioned.

I tightened my grip. "How did you survive, Nightmare killed you!! You died in my arms, I had to absorb you, I-" "Rainbow Steve, please..." I was interrupted as a finger was put over my lips. "What are you even saying..?"

=Sabre's POV=

I stared down at Rainbow, who stared back up at me, seemingly in shock. So was I, in all honesty. I pulled him up into my lap comfortably as he started to ramble on about his past to me again, tears is his eyes.

I listened closely, holding his small hands in mine. "Please, you have the same eyes, you sound like him, you act like him, you have to be him!!" Rainbow begged.

I gave him a sad smile. "Rainbow.. I'm not your Blue Steve... I'm Sabre, I'm a regular human.." I told him, running my hands through his hair.

He grabbed the collar of my jumpsuit, tears falling from his beautiful amber eyes. "No, you have to remember, please!!" He begged. Rainbow was hysterical.

"I.. see you have already figured out what I was going to say.." A deeper voice said. I gasped and grabbed at my blindfold.

"No need for that, Sabre, I already know what your eyes look like." Elemental informed me. I relaxed a bit, hugging Rainbow. "What do you mean, we figured out what you were gonna say..?"

Elemental sat back in the chair, smiling down at us. "You, Sabre, are the reincarnation of Rainbow's friend, Blue Steve."