Part 1; Chapter 4 - Drowned...?

=Sabre's POV=

The shadow person jolted back a bit, startling Shark and I, then ran down the East side of the hill. "Holy crow, dude, that's FAST!" Shark yelped.

Moose and Nathan came up next to us. "What is- OH MY GOSH WHAT IS THAT!? WHAT IS THAT!?!" Nathan shouted. Moose was confused.

"Moose milk?" He asked.

I sprinted after the shadow. I swear it was the same one that led me to Rainbow in the first place! Shark and Nathan yelled after me as I heard Moose screeching, his voice getting closer.

I turned to look at him, only to be slammed into and thrown down the hill, Moose coming with me. I clinged onto Moose as we rolled down the hill, Moose screaming and grasping my shoulders.

We landed in the river, both our bodies being submerged in water. I couldn't catch my breath, or I'd drown. I felt Moose haul me upwards. I needed to breathe...

I couldn't make it to the surface in time before my lungs forced me to breathe in. Water filled my lungs as I choked. I couldn't see, so I didn't know I'd passed out until, well, I passed out.

=Moose's POV=

I gasped for breath, holding Sabre's head above the water. He was limp. I brought him to shore as Shark and Nathan swam across the river to get to us. I shook Sabre's weak body.

"Sabre, Sabre, wake up dude, this isn't funny." I said. No response.

"Is he alive!?" Nathan asked.

Shark went up to Sabre, starting to preform CPR. I just sat there. I was confused, in a bad way...

Nathan went next to Shark and Sabre, checking for a pulse. I stood. What did I just do...?

I watched the scene unfold in front of me. This was my fault...! I had done this! Sabre just... Drowned! I heald my hand up to my mouth, tearing up.

I just ran. I wasn't sure if he was dead or alive... I couldn't deal with it! I continued until I reached a thick forest, sitting by one of the trees. It wasn't fair...! Why did I have to hurt him..?!

After a while, maybe an hour or two, I heard Nathan's voice. "George! You're okay!" He said, coming up to me. I looked up to him. He looked concerned.

"I'm fine..." I mumbled. Nathan knelt down.

"Hey, Sabre's alive, he's okay." He told me. "A little scratched up from the fall, but he's okay... and he says it's not your fault, it's his for not moving out of the way."

I looked up at him. "Really..?" I asked. He nodded. "Honestly, though, I blame both of you."

=Nathan's POV=

Moose laughed, smiling. I knew that telling him Sabre was okay would make him happy. I took his hand, helping him up.

"The second you ran off though, something incredible happened! The water just... flowed out of him! Like magic!" I told him. He perked up. "Woa! That's cool!" He said.

I nodded, then looked down, realizing we were holding hands, Moose seemed to notice too, and we both yanked our hands away, blushing .

"Let's just go to the camp Shark and I built..." I muttered. Moose agreed.

"Race ya!" He took off.

"HEY!" I yelled, chasing after him, only to turn west. "The camp is this way, you NUB!!!"