Part 3; Chapter 12 - An Unfortunate Situation

(heya guys, sorry for the other random hiatus, I had a busy week with party planning. Updates should resume till Part 3 Chapter 16)

=Time Steve's POV=

A pained scream echoed throughout the house, startling me awake. "Wh-" I sat up, pushing the heavy blanket off of me as Shark sat up in his bed. "What was that?!" I got up as Shark followed my actions. "It sounded like Sabre! Come on!"

We rushed out the door and down the hallway to Sabre and Rainbow's room, slamming open the door. Sabre was trembling, curled into a ball, his right arm wrapping around his legs, which were hiding his left arm. Rainbow was sitting on his left, rubbing his back and trying to comfort him, a worried expression on his face.

We ran up to Sabre worriedly, Shark trying to get him to uncurl as I asked Rainbow what was happening. "I-I don't know, I woke up to him holding his arm and saying that something was taking over!?" He whimpered. "Oh-- darn it, hold on." I said, faintly recalling something I had read in a book. I teleported off to my dimension and went to my room, looking through my books.

I pulled out one titled "Shadows", and quickly flipping through the pages, I found what I was looking for.

'Cures'

'There are no cures'

"Oh well that's just wonderful!"

=Sabre's POV=

"JUST GIVE IN ALREADY!! STOP FIGHTING IT!!" Shadow screeched. I punched them in the face, sending them back into the dark abyss behind them.

"Leave me alone, Shadow!! We were getting along!!" "HA! That's rich coming from you!!" I flinched and dodged as they launched out from the shadows towards me. They landed on all fours, a feral look in their now exposed eyes. "Just give in, Sabre! It'll be so much easier once you do!!"

They lunged at me, but I caught them this time, using their momentum to swing them over my head and slam them hard to the floor. "GAH-!!" Shadow shrieked. They stumbled to their feet and tackled me to the ground.

We wrestled and punched and slapped at each other, landing some hits while dodging others. Shadow had somehow managed to wriggle out and push me down, sitting on top of me. I wiggled around helplessly as they kept me down.

"Oh, Sabre, looks like our little squabble is over~... such a shame, I was having fun. Oh well, all we need now from you is for your pretty little mind to give up. Just let the shadows in~" They coaxed.

"No! I won't let them hold me!! I still have stuff I wanna do!" I yelled, squirming under their weight, "I still want to live!!" Tears began to prick my eyes as I tried to get them off me.

"It'll just be so much easier, Sabre, all you have to do is let go, fall to the shadows, let them hold you, wrap around you like a warm blanket.. of love..~" They cooed.

"Love..? This isn't love.. love is two sided, it's willing, it's kind!!" I cried out, clawing at the ground. "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

"Listen to me, Sabre!! we have a way to save you, but you might not like it!!" A distant voice yelled out, but before they could even really finish, I just screamed, "DO IT ALREADY, PLEASE!! I WANT TO LIVE!!"

Pain erupted in my left arm, causing me to scream out. I clutched it tightly, dropping to my knees.

Pain..

It hurts..

Someone.. please...

I jolted up with a gasp, shaking as my friends pushed me to lie back down. Voices swarmed around me as I became light headed, the mass of confusion and chaos clouding my mind.

I didn't hear Shadow anymore. That was good. "Guys... It's loud..." I mumbled. If I didn't say anything, they probably wouldn't quiet down, and I'd probably end up with a headache.

The voices softened and calmed, only a quiet chatter amongst my friends now. I opened my eyes and spotted Rainbow next to me, rolling to my right and stuffing my face in his side. He lied down with me and hugged me.

"Hey, you doing okay..? That regeneration potion Time gave you should kick in any moment.." He told me. I wrapped my arm around him. Wait, arm? I looked to my left, only seeing half my arm, anything past the elbow seeming to have disappeared into non existence.

I screamed.

"Sabre, c-calm down-!"

"Ow my ears-"

"Sabre are you okay!?"

The loud voices came back as their hands grabbed at me. This was just like last time. Didn't they learn? "Please leave me alone-!!" I begged, hugging myself. Their hands retreated, and just like last time, I was pulled comfortably into someone's arms.

"Shh.. it's okay, Sabre..." "...Shark..." "Yeah.. it's me... You're gonna be okay, alright..?" He reassured. "...yeah..." I laid silently in his grasp, closing my eyes again. "You tired..?" "..mhm.." "go ahead and rest then."

I began to feel myself drift off into dream land, sighing to myself as I laid in Shark's arms. He was always like a big brother to me.

I felt his hands close over mine, and I fell asleep.