Part 1; Chapter 6 - Hello Again...

=Sabre's POV=

I was sat down at the fire with the others. Shark was looking at me worriedly as Moose and Nathan joked with each other.

"Hey, Sabre," Nathan said, "I was just kinda wondering why you left? We were all good and... you kinda just started to drift away... and then, well, you just left."

I looked away. "Yah... I just kinda just got distracted, then caught up in my own things... Just trying to save the realm, y'know...?"

Shark scooted over to me, putting an arm around me. "Wanna tell some stories of your adventures?" He asked. I brightened up and nodded.

I began to speak of my adventures, telling them how I met different colored Steves, then later Rainbow Steve. I told him about the Nightmare Dimension, then the Rainbow Town, the battles I'd fought, and the places I'd explore...

Then, I told them about where everything went wrong, when the town was destroyed. I missed home...

I hugged my knees to my chest, sighing. Why did it have to end...?

I glanced over to Nathan and Moose, who were asleep. I turned to look at Shark, who had bags under his eyes. "You can go ahead and sleep, Shark," I said, "story-time's over."

Shark let out a chuckle. "Not until you do." He said. I huffed. "Sharky, we both know I have insomnia... you'll be up all night..."

Shark sighed. "Oh well." He said. I leaned down next to Shark, staring up at the stars.

"Look, Sabre," Shark mumbled tiredly, "a shooting star..." He pointed.

I looked, and as Shark had said, there was a large comet shooting across the sky. In fact, it lit up the grass and trees under it a bit. I looked over to Shark, who was now snoring. I got up, looking in that direction.

I was about to head off, when something, or someone, got my attention.

I turned to face the one and only Rainbow Steve.

"Hello again." I said quietly. "Hey.." He returned.

"I, I wanted to give this back." He thrust my Chicken Onesie at me, looking away. "I overheard and learned this was yours... I didn't want to just keep it for myself..."

I nodded, taking it. "I'm grateful, thank you." I told him. He shrugged.

Suddenly, something lit up to the south. "What was that!?" Rainbow asked. "I dunno! Wanna go see what it was!?" I replied. "Yah." He said.

We started off southward. after a minute or two, we came across a large crater with a glowing blue light in the center. We glanced at each other, grabbing hands and nodding. We both slowly and carefully made out decent into the crater.

Rainbow tilted his head. "Is that a person down there?" He wondered aloud. I strained my eyes, only to see, in fact, a silhouette lying down in the blue fire that had been caused.

"Rainbow, do you still have your powers?" I asked.

"Powers? I've never had powers!" He responded.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

Suddenly, it started to rain, which was convenient by putting out the fire. Rainbow and I inched forward to the figure, who's hair was a dark purple-ish blue with what seemed to be stars shimmering in it.

They didn't seem to be burned from the fire... Which was a good thing. We made our way forward.

The person suddenly jolted upwards, shouting out random gibberish, and something about someone named Tim.

Rainbow and I backed up. "Who are you!?" We asked simultaneously.