CHAPTER I: "THE REQUEST"

I don't know how long I've been staring blankly after hearing my boss' request until I heard his soft voice again.

"Please Win, you are the only person I know who can do it. I know this is a suicide mission and I know how selfish I am for this favor but I believe in your capabilities. You are my last hope, so please, I am begging you. I am asking this not as your boss but as a father."

Mr. Moon Windser, the most powerful person in this building, is begging me for a favor for his rebellious son, Bright Windser. Mr. Windser is the chairman of one of the richest conglomerates in the country. He is tall, with a lean and fit body for his age. He has a black dyed hair and brown eyes. He has the reliable-boss-aura. Beside him standing is Mr. Kirk, who is unusually manifesting a soft aura today. He obviously knew  on what is going to happen. Mr. Windser is not in his usual boss mode, being firm with a straightforward-face. Today, he is a concerned father. This is the first time I talk to Mr. Windser like this. I have been his secretary for three years and I've been his shadow everywhere in this corporation so I know that something is up. Mr. Windser is a sensible man with an extraordinary work ethics. He is adored by everyone, including myself. He is always with Mr. Kirk, his right-hand. Mr. Kirk is a little bit shorter than Mr. Windser. Mr. Kirk oversees everything from business to personal matters. I think Mr. Windser entrusted everything to Mr. Kirk. They are each other's confidante in the business world. When I started working with Mr. Windser, it was Mr. Kirk who trained me in everything I needed to know.

"Mr. Windser will give you time to think about it, so please tell us your decision anytime when you are ready" Mr. Kirk said with a warm smile. I did not say anything while I continued staring on the floor. Honestly, I am confused.

"Win, are you alright?" Mr. Windser asked. I finally gained some strength to talk.

"I'm sorry Sir but I do not understand why you chose me for this" I said as I finally raised my eyes to meet him. Mr. Windser took a deep breath and smiled at me as he explained his side.

"Ever since you entered this company, I've been watching you. You've shown everyone great courage even at the most challenging times. You can easily get along with everyone no matter who they are. I saw how you dedicated your life to serve this company as no other one can do the things you did. It has only been three years since you've worked under me, so I can tell that you have a genuine heart. Well, it was a bonus that I have known you since you were a child and I am so proud of what you've become now" Mr. Windser said.

I was speechless again. This is the first time Mr. Windser highly complimented me aside from his usual compliments. This is one of the times that I saw him as a father-figure.

"I was asking you this favor because you are the only person I can trust next to this man" Mr. Windser added as he pointed to Mr. Kirk.

"Let me think about it Sir and I have to talk with my mother also" I said.

"Of course dear, I'll be waiting for your answer. Thank you for giving it a chance. I guarantee you that no matter what your decision will be, nothing will change. Please say my regards to your mother. If you have nothing to ask anymore and are done with your work for today, you can go home now" Mr. Windser said with a warm smile.

"Then, if you'll excuse me sir, that was all from me for today" as I bid my goodbye and exited his office.

I went back to my desk just outside the office of Mr. Windser and started packing my things. Honestly, I am still in shock. I'm just glad that Mr. Windser talked about it after a whole day of office work or else, I have been phasing out and unable to do my work. I was distracted from my deep thoughts when my good friends from other departments popped up and asked me if I was ready to go.