CHAPTER X: "THE PARTY"

The day of Mr. Windser's birthday party has come. Time flies so fast. After tonight's party, we will be going back to our workplace tomorrow. So far, I enjoyed taking my time with my family. My heart is happy and content.

I already packed my things. I'm just waiting for Bright to pick me at home, which he insisted again. We will be checking in to the five-star hotel where the party will be held tonight.

"Make sure to enjoy the party, dear" my mom said.

"I will, mom" I smiled at her.

"Don't forget to bring your gift" she reminded me. I nodded.

I bought a scented candle and a Parker pen for Mr. Windser. This is the best I thought of for a man who already has everything. Not for long, Bright arrived. We said our goodbyes to my family as I hugged tight my mom. We then departed and went to the hotel.

......

We checked in to single bed luxury rooms. Our rooms are next to each other. He also informed me that his family was also checking in. We left our luggage in our room before we went to the lobby to meet the person delivering our suit. He then let me have my own time until the party. I stayed at my luxury room watching television and taking a nap. He went somewhere else.

......

The night of the party came. I already suit up. My light blue Armani suit fits perfectly. I'm staring at myself in the mirror when Bright rang me.

"Ready?" he asked on the other line. I answered yes and opened my door. He was already outside my room.

He is wearing a dark blue suit. His hair is tidy up. He looks fine with his matching bow tie. He is unusually handsome tonight given that he was already handsome. I was adoring him in my thoughts when he walked closer to me. He fixed my bow tie. I swallowed. Our space was so little that I can smell his minty breath.

"There" he said as he finished fixing my tie. "You became more handsome tonight, Win. You smell good too" he said while staring at me. He is so close that I'm getting uncomfortable.

"Uhm.. Let's go to the hall" I said and began to walk.

......

Outside of the hall were tables of souvenirs and gifts. I left my gift there before we entered the party. There is a wide stage in front with two projector screens on each side. There were lots of fancy food and beverages on all sides of the hall. There is a popular live band on the stage playing some songs. The atmosphere is light. There were lots of people. I can already see some of my previous colleagues as my eyes searched for my friends. Maybe I'll call them later when I won't be able to find them.

We reached the center front table where Bright's family was sitting. Mr. Moon Windser is wearing a black suit matched with his black bow tie. Beside him is Mr. Kirk who just nodded and smiled at me. He is also wearing a black suit. Maesa is wearing a greek-style free flowing one-sleeve emerald gown with a high slit above her knee. She is gorgeous. Ming is wearing a fitted ruby red tube gown with a little black ribbon on her waist. She is equally gorgeous too. These sisters never failed to amuse me with their impeccable styles every year they attend this party. Beside Ming is a little boy in a red matching suit and a foreign looking guy who is also in a red suit. These are Ming's husband and son.

"Dad. Happy Birthday once again" Bright said to his father.

Mr. Moon patted Bright's arm as he directed his eyes to me.

"Win. I'm glad you came. I'm happy to see you again. How have you been?" Mr. Windser asked.

I smiled at him. "Good evening Mr. Windser. Happy Birthday. I've been great. Thank you for asking" I said.