CHAPTER VIII: "THE DATE?"

It is now almost five in the afternoon and I was supposed to be preparing to go home but here I am at Sir Bright's car. He is driving to somewhere I don't know. He is in a happy mood these past days. It was good to see him in a lighter mood but I am not used to it.

"Don't worry. We'll have fun" he said while smiling.

"Okay" I just said.

......

"We're here" he said as he parked his car.

He then led me inside the establishment and showed his ID card at the front desk. He was greeted by the staff as if he is a regular here. And then he proceeded to go. I just followed him until we arrived at a wide golf course.

"Let's play" he said while smiling.

"Sir, I don't know how to play golf" I said.

I didn't expect that he would bring me into a place like this. I am just watching him preparing the things he needs. We are at a wide shaded area with several other people enjoying their recreations. The lights in the wide green grass area started to light up since the sun is starting to set now. To where he is standing is a small squared grass with automatic ball dispenser. He then prepared to hit the golf ball. I'm just sitting in the designated sitting area and watching him play.

Wow. He is good. His body swayed as he hit the ball. His pose is like the other professional golf players that I had watched once. He probably had frequent visits here considering that he got membership ID.

"Win. Come here I'll teach you the basics" he said.

I approached him and he instructed me on the things I have to do. It was simple but when I tried to do it, I failed on my first attempt. I didn't hit the ball.

"Your position is not right" he said and guided me to the proper position.

He patted his hand on my back and forced me to bend down a little and then he pushed my feet apart with his foot. He then went to my back and positioned my arms. He looked like he was hugging me from the back. This is so awkward. Other people are looking at us but Sir Bright doesn't care.

"Uhm... Sir Bright, I think I got it" I said so that he would break away from my back.

"Alright, you're all set. Try it with the force I taught you" he said then I resumed to hit the ball. Miraculously, I hit it. The ball went far.

"Wohoo! I did it" I said while raising my hand. Then, I heard a clap.

"That's great for a first timer. You are a fast learner Win. Keep playing while your body remembers it" Sir Bright said. I smiled and I prepared to hit the ball again.

I kept on playing while Sir Bright was on another platform, also playing. My attempts missed a lot of balls but every time I was able to hit it, it felt satisfying. It really pays to be patient until you see the fruit of your hard work. I did not expect to enjoy golf. Thanks to my boss for introducing me to this.

I hit more balls as I play longer. Then, I noticed that Sir Bright stopped playing. He was sitting behind watching me. I stopped for a while.

"Are you tired?" he asked.

"Just a little, Sir. I just realized that you stopped playing" I said.

"I only played for a few minutes and then stopped to watch you from here. It was a delight to watch your frustrated face when you missed the ball and the happy face you made when you hit it" he said.

My face became hot after hearing what he just said. This is very unusual of him. Everything he does is unusual for the past few days.

"Thanks to you Sir, I was able to learn how to play golf" I said.