SEVENTY-THREE

It took around an hour before the hunt was officially over. Niven was offered the majority of the kills and the boy squeamishly rejected them, having to hold in a gag whenever he saw the animal corpses. The only ones he accepted were Arien's and the bunny Grimm gave him.

As of now, Antoinette and King were busy dressing his new pet up while their owners sat outside near a bonfire.

As the guest of honor, Niven was required to sit with the luna and alphas of their tribe. But Arien had intercepted that rule and sat directly near Niven along with Grimmwolf on the other side.

Luna Elise and her husbands kept quiet about the whole ordeal and knew that Arien was doing his best to pursue Niven, though their son didn't even try to make it a secret. It was so obvious that even Head Alpha Narcissus rolled his eyes.

Niven already thought it was weird how close and possessive Arien was during the celebration, but he didn't comment on that. He watched several beastmen get up and dance around the fire while using their abilities to create a show, using the fire itself to entertain Niven.

There were times when the student had been frightened by the sight of the fire getting a little too close to him, so he unconsciously moved back into Arien's side. The alpha didn't say anything and kept a blank face, but he did put an arm around the boy's waist and held him for the rest of the dance.

But all in all, Niven had been completely mesmerized by their dance and saw how eager the others were. A large majority of the wolf beastmen got up and pulled their omega partners into the dance.

From a distance, he also spotted their familiars trying to copy the beastmen's dances. He saw Antoinette and King drag Orlaithe along while his new pet sat safely on top of the kitsune.

"Would you like to join them, puppy?"

"I don't know the dance."

"You don't have to know. If you're that concerned about though, I can teach you," Arien lightly commented.

"I'd rather not look stupid trying to learn... maybe another time. When it's just the two of us and no one's looking."

"Okay," Arien murmured as he leaned down to press his nose against the student's hair. "We'll do that."

Niven returned his gaze back to the bonfire and quietly watched the others enjoy their time. He saw Cyrus and Beta Meteo from afar, the omega sitting directly on the man's lap and sharing a piece of his food with him. He didn't know those two were a couple at first and thought of how happy they seemed right now, despite several other beastmen surrounding Cyrus. Those were probably his other partners.

Everyone else also seemed happy with their partners during the whole celebration. Everywhere Niven looked, there wasn't a single omega without their own mates. But the wolves who had omega partners were more possessive and held a tight grip on them as if they hated the idea of their fated pairs leaving their side. They were much more direct than other people back in his own country.

Though Niven supposed it made sense. Arien did say to him wolf beastmen acted more on primal desires and for those who were human, the majority didn't share the same tendencies.

Even after the celebration, Niven still had thoughts about fated pairs. He wanted to ask Arien about it one more time until the male retired back to his own place. He lived separately from his parents and had other omegas escort Niven to the main pack house. Though he took some time to roam around the tribe a while longer with King and Cosima, the bunny sitting comfortably in the penguin's hat as King carried it around in his flippers.

He wanted to explore more of their terrain outside, yet he was quickly stopped by the tribesmen guarding the borders. They carefully sent Niven back in and told the boy how he needed his alpha's permission to go out.