EIGHTY-SEVEN

Niven and Grimmwolf stumbled through an empty room, nearly falling on the ground since the boy couldn't walk properly.

Grim hauled him up, but ended up pulling the boy up in the air and carried him himself. The others quickly wanted to follow suit, yet Niven peeked over Grim's shoulder with a painful expression and looked over to Levi and Simeon.

"You... ugh, y-you have to stay out there," he muttered out with a heave.

The twins stopped, reluctant to obey. They knew someone had to stay behind in the party since Roselia and Theoden had yet to make their official appearance together. The twins would need to stay and congratulate them in the others' place... plus, no one needed to know what happened to Niven and where they vanished off to.

Niven groaned as Grim set him down on a sofa. He curled up into a ball, holding his head as the heat became unbearable. He didn't want to lift his head up at all.

"How about you two go and take care of everything?" Vasili suggested to the twins.

Simeon scowled. "Like hell I'm leaving-"

"Don't argue with me on this one, boy."

Levi noticed their professor's face change. He felt unnerved with the way Vasili sounded and quickly grabbed onto his brother, pulling him over.

Seeing Levi become compliant, Vasili turned his attention to the others and grasped Mirren's shoulders.

"How serious is your heat?"

"What? What does this have to do with anything?"

"I'm going to head back to the classroom real quick, but it'll take me time to find the right potion for him," Vasili said. "The classroom is being remodeled and I have no doubt the staff has rearranged my stuff so if I can't find a potion that lessens the aphrodisiac that's in his body, I'll have to make a new one and it'll cost me some time."

Mirren widened his eyes and looked over to Niven, watching the boy whine about something under his breath as Grim and Arien tried helping him.

Aphrodisiac?

Mirren didn't understand how Vasili knew or why he even had potions for that type of thing, but his attention was snatched away when Niven started pulling off some of his clothes.

Silas reached over to undo the boy's tie and took off his jacket, but Niven was adamant on tearing off the rest for cool air. The Wolves were nervous and at a loss on what to do, not wanting to make things worse for Niven.

Vasili snatched the beastman's attention quickly, "Listen to me. Out of everyone here in this room, you have the most experience... in bed. You need to stay and help take off some of Niven's discomfort, but if you think your heat will distract you then don't get even close to him. Let someone else help, okay?"

"Professor-"

"I mean it!" Vasili started backing away and raised his cane, tapping on the ground. He hurriedly looked back at the twins and said, "You two, hurry up and get back to the ball room. I'll see you in a jiffy."

And then the man disappeared through a strange portal that his cane conjured up on the ground. It covered itself not too long after, not leaving a single trace of their professor.

"Shit!" Mirren hissed out. "I can't fucking do that to Niven! Simeon, don't you have some sort of spell or-"

"I entrust Niven to you," Simeon cut him off with a hard look in his eyes. "We have no way to actually help him... I'm useless for this. Levi and I have to return to greet Roselia and Theoden, we may even have to report to her so she'll have this wing cut off from the rest of the guests. Plus, I intend to find the little shit who did this to Niven so you and the others have to stay behind."