NINE

"Is it good? You should have some more." Mirren cut a portion of his steak and placed it on Niven's plate. "You're quite a dainty thing, it's best to eat more."

Niven frowned and picked at his food. "Um... I-I'm not that hungry."

"Well no wonder you're so small." Mirren lifted the blond's wrist and wrapped his fingers around it. "See? My fingers can touch each other. You need to eat some more."

"Stop that." Niven smacked his hand away before muttering, "Did we really... have to sit inside the cafeteria? I-I feel uncomfortable."

Mirren looked up, taking in how many of the students kept glancing over to their table. He stifled a small sneer, but he glanced back down at Niven, who kept picking at his food. The brunet sighed, pushing forward a small juice box to the smaller male.

"Just ignore them, you haven't eaten anything yet." Mirren clicked his tongue. "Anyways, have you settled in properly at this place? You've been here for only a short time, so you can just ask me if you want to know more about the academy."

Niven shook his head. "No thanks... I know enough of this place." He grabbed the juice box and quietly thanked the male.

Mirren sighed and leaned toward Niven. "How about you come over to my dorm room after school? We can work on our homework together!"

"I wouldn't... want to intrude-"

"I've got lots of video games we can play with after we're finished."

"So where exactly is your dorm again?"

Mirren flashed a beaming smile. Bingo. "It's not that far from your building, we'll head there after classes. My familiar is usually sleeping in my room, so I'm afraid you won't be able to see her yet since her naps are rather long."

Niven agreed quickly, he didn't mind about Mirren's familiar not coming out. He got really excited over the fact of playing video games. He hasn't played any for a while, and so he didn't realize the knowing smile growing on Mirren's face. But then the thought of having to work overtime because of his father's company suddenly overwhelmed him.

He quietly tried to refuse the offer of going, but Mirren waved it off nonchalantly and said everyone deserves a break—and he used a bit of his persuasion ability to settle the blond down with his plan. Niven gave him a dirty look, but in the end he shrugged.

The rest of their classes proceeded smoothly, other than the fact Mirren loved riling up the other teachers and having some poor students to play around with, Niven diligently worked on his homework as fast as he could. There was a moment where he felt a bit generous and went to ask if Mirren needed any help, though it turns out as soon as he looked up from his desk, the brunet already had several boys doing the homework for him instead.

The brunet leisurely lazed around in his desk, and whenever their teacher came to look and to try and speak up, Mirren would wink at them and asked if there was anything wrong. Their teacher clamped his mouth shut, wondering whether or not to go ahead and give Mirren detention or not.

Niven rolled his eyes. Isn't it obvious to reprimand the brunet?

Mirren noticed the heavy look from across his desk and tilted his head back to see Niven, scowling. The brunet smiled widely. "Yes, baby?"

He didn't speak to Mirren in that class or the next.

After the end of their last class, Niven wasn't even surprised by Mirren latching onto his small body. His arm was placed securely around the blond's shoulders, trudging past the wave of crowding students while they headed on out of the academy and over to the dorms. Mirren seemed even more ecstatic, showing Niven just how excited he was to have him over.