FORTY-EIGHT

"So you're saying... I was in love with my professor?"

After his little incident with Arien, Niven was immediately taken to the med center. He woke up not too long ago and was currently being greeted by the sight of his pack mates and the twins, along with Gabriel who stood behind Levi.

Niven looked up to see Simeon, holding his hand. His brother was the first person he saw when he woke up, so the male felt a little relieved.

Niven really couldn't remember what happened from the past week, and what Mirren was explaining to him made absolutely no sense. But the brunet spoke in a dark tone and there wasn't an ounce of a joke, so Niven quickly chose to believe him.

Mirren nodded. "Vasili explained you drank a vial he gave you last week. Turns out, it had been swapped with an actual love potion."

"Did he know?" Niven asked.

Gabriel sighed, "Apparently not. Professor Vasili was also shocked since he didn't expect you to fall for him. It's a good thing the spell wore off."

"Are you feeling any pain, little brother? We'll get the doctors over here right now," Simeon said, still worrying over the boy's pale state.

"No... I..." Niven's voice trailed off. "I-I can't remember."

"That's alright, you don't need to remember," Silas replied thickly.

Niven frowned. "But what have I been doing all this time? Surely I didn't actually spend all my time with Vasili."

The students looked at each other before averting their gazes to random places in the room. Agustine awkwardly shifted away while Levi tried to say something, but his eldest brother couldn't really respond. Gabriel looked like he wanted to comment, but the man gave a stiff smile in return.

"Wait, really? I-I had to be in class at least," Niven tried. "Right, Mirren?"

"You were... for a time," the brunet muttered out hesitantly. "When lunch came around, that's the time you always skipped out and went straight to our professor's classroom."

"Then what about us, Silas?"

"You bailed on every single one of our sessions," the angel replied quietly. Niven felt another headache coming.

When he turned to look at Arien, his alpha merely gave him a forced smile and the boy's mood sank a little further. Niven must've skipped out on his alpha as well. He probably also didn't pay any attention to Agustine and his brothers, too.

He didn't do anything but chase after Vasili, and he doubted his professor even cared if Niven was. Thinking about Vasili, the student was certain the man was probably rolling over and dying of laughter because of how stupid Niven looked.

Niven sighed, already thinking of the many ways on how to avoid his professor when Mirren spoke up, "Are you sure you feel better? You still don't look too hot."

"And here I thought you'd compliment me for my looks," Niven chuckled. "But you're right... I still don't feel good. I think I'll just stay here for the night and come back to my dorm later."

"If that's what you want then that's just fine with me." Simeon let go of his hand, taking some time to brush his fingers through Niven's golden locks. "We'll leave you to it, little brother. Just call for us if you need anything, alright?"

"Okay... I'll do that."

The twins were the first to leave, but before they exited the room, Levi gave Niven a hesitant look. He felt anxious to leave the blond all by himself, but he stopped once he saw Arien quietly murmuring a few things to Niven. He watched as Niven chuckled a little, easing himself in their conversation which made Levi's face grow icy.