EIGHTEEN

"You know I was so upset when you didn't come by yesterday! I even wore my best suit just for you, dearest!"

Niven and Agustine still stood near each other, holding their books against their chests with their hands still intertwined together. They were reluctant to step inside at first, considering how the interior of the building changed greatly.

As of now, the classroom's theme for the day was underneath the sea. Though it seemed darker than Niven originally depicted. There were large fishes floating everywhere with sharp, razor teeth snapping here and there as they passed the two students. A school of fishes swam around and around Vasili, showing off their vibrant colors before the professor happily picked a random fish out of the group and dipped it into his coffee cup, taking a large bite out of the bite and crunched through the bones very loudly.

Agustine scooted closer to Niven after that. The smaller male didn't blame him.

The weirdest part of the classroom was how they were actually standing under the water, not an inch of air anywhere. The whole place was filled up, yet they were still breathing safely. At first, they didn't even notice the environment until they walked through the door, but now as Niven took a closer look, everything seemed a bit blurry due to the amount of animals swimming around them. Thankfully, Agustine and Niven didn't feel their clothes get affected by the water, they seemed dry surprisingly enough, but they were struggling to stay on the ground without having to be forced to float away from each other. Hence, why their hands were still holding on to the other's form.

The seats and desks were floating everywhere, constantly bumping into some seaweeds and entangling themselves into it so there really wasn't a place for the boys to sit. For Vasili, he was sitting on top of a treasure chest, occasionally moving his bottom around to get off any uncomfortable treasures before rummaging his hand through the jewels, picking them up to admire it for a moment. The desk he was using was actually a giant clam, still tightly closed and the surface of its back was used as a placeholder for his food. Even the professor's attire matched the theme of the room with several bright and dark colors of blue, his pinks hair moving about through the water, and his cane changed into a trident.

Niven guessed this wouldn't be the last time Vasili would change his clothes for the bizarre theme of the classroom.

"Several problems arose yesterday, and I unfortunately had to stay in the dorms," Niven replied, trying his best not to step on the hermit crabs scurrying about his feet. "I-Is it okay if... we're here?"

"Oh, absolutely!" Vasili snatched another fish and munched on it, not minding the way its tail wiggled through the sudden pain of being eaten alive. Agustine and Niven flinched. Their professor smiled charmingly. "Well, why don't you two take a seat? Don't be shy! We've got plenty of time! Unless you wanna go swimming with the fishes then let's go ahead and start our lessons! Oh, I'm so excited I can barely contain myself!"

"Haha... okay..." Niven fidgeted, still unsure where to sit. But Vasili quickly grasped his trident and swished it around through the water, humming that same tune Niven first heard from the man. As his humming grew, the trident spun faster, causing several corals to erupt from the ground and grow taller.

Agustine first stumbled back, falling right into his bottom the ledge of a coral as the plant kept growing higher until he was slotted right in the other side of the clam. Niven, on the other hand, he was being swarmed by a large school of fishes and occasionally being bumped into the more scary-looking creatures. But they snapped their teeth into his uniforms and lifted him through the classroom, nudging him over to the clam and left him sitting on the edge in a daze.

"Great!" Vasili pushed the trident away and clapped his hands excitedly. "Now then, let's go over what I think would be the best thing for my dearest Niven to do?"