SEVENTY-SIX

By the time Levi and Simeon finally returned to the academy, it was already a few days after the break so Niven had already settled back in with his pack mates.

They weren't so pleased to know Mirren and Agustine had grown much more attached than before, nearly suffocating their brother with all their coddling. Though Silas kept his distance and only looked after Niven when necessary, but Simeon was sure it was because the angel noticed how tense the twins were whenever they saw Niven interact with the Wolves.

But Simeon didn't focus so much on that. Not when he had Niven with him right now, currently spending time with his little brother.

"You really aren't going to tell me what you and Levi did?"

Simeon shrugged. "It was nothing of importance. You, on the other hand, must've been very busy with Alessio and Mikhail. Tell me, how was it dealing with those two?"

Niven's face soured almost immediately. "I feel bad for Noah."

"Noah? What happened with him?"

"I guess he got coerced into a relationship."

"That's... nice and all, but what does that have to do with Mikhail and Alessio?"

Niven sighed and sluggishly settled himself against Simeon on the couch. His brother quickly placed an arm around the boy's shoulders, noticing the slightly nervous look on his face.

"Well, Noah's dating those two now or something."

The dark haired student almost choked up. "I-I'm sorry?"

Niven began to explain how Noah sought him out a few days ago while the guy was trying to desperately avoid those two.

Apparently, Mikhail and Alessio seemed to have gotten a little clingy with Noah during their lunch and dinner dates. At first, the student didn't really notice their strange behaviors since he was too focused on enjoying his time outside of the academy and eating whatever he wanted.

But then he started questioning why Alessio bought several expensive gifts for the male. Mikhail didn't really do anything of the sort, but the man did give out subtle flirtatious comments and sneaky caresses whenever he got the chance to.

Noah commented to Niven on how much of a dumbass he was for not realizing it earlier. But for some reason, those two fools fell for him and relentlessly started to pursue the student.

Noah already tried turning them down on numerous occasions and wasn't even afraid anymore on cussing them out, though that attitude of his didn't seem to do much and it only made Alessio and Mikhail like him more. They thought it was pretty cute.

"Wow," Simeon drawled out. "That's honestly the most exciting thing I've ever heard in the past month. I really want to laugh in front of Mikhail's face."

"Well, he and Alessio left the academy yesterday so I'm afraid that's not impossible."

"I'm sure Noah feels relieved then. Though if he did started dating them, he'd be able to live a pretty good life as the future empress."

Niven scrunched his brows. "Noah wouldn't like that. All I ever hear from him these days is how he complains about receiving gifts from Alessio."

"This could actually be a very good thing, sweetheart." Simeon looked down at Niven with warm eyes. "If Noah does change his mind and get with those two, Mikhail would automatically support the imperial family from behind and their power would rise again. There wouldn't be a need for you to marry into that family. How does that sound?"

"Um... I don't think I can sell Noah out for my own happiness-"

"I'm sure Noah can find happiness in the vaults of the royal family and eat whatever he wants as the empress," Simeon chuckled. "But if you want to leave things as the way they are then I'll do as you say."