Chapter Thirty Four

Brady's POV

"Jeezus I'm glad you're safe," I heard Michael's voice coming from the kitchen the moment I stepped into the house and I smiled.

"Yeah I'm all good." I called back. I looked over at Brooke who was grinning now. Her mom had suggested we reinstated our Friday family dinners. And I knew Michael needed to see Brooke, even if he didn't know it yet.

"Ready?" I asked Brooke, unable to wipe the grin from my face as I took in the sight of her standing in my house. Never again did I think I'd be blessed with that view.

"Yes," Brooke was nervous, I could tell from the slightest twitch of her fingers.

"Michael can you come here really quickly?" I finally yelled dropping Brooke's hand to step back so my brother could actually see her.

"What the f—" whatever curse was on Michael's lips died instantly. He shuddered to a stop and blinked slowly.

"Hey there Mikey," Brooke whispered.

"Brooke?" Michael's voice cracked and my own heart lurched knowing it was my fault my brother had lost his idol for years.

"Are you gonna give me a hug or..." Brooke didn't have to finish her sentence because had run up to her and gave her a bear hug.

"You're here," Michael finally looked at me, "She's here?"

"She's here to stay," I nodded, my own voice soft, "Girlfriend and all."

"FINALLY," Michael finally broke away from the hug and grabbing my shirt, "You are an idiot. And when you two get married I'll remind you of that."

I smiled and finally gave my brother a hug, "I was an idiot. Not anymore."

"Does Grandma Rose know?" Michael was already grabbing his phone, "Never mind that was dumb, she's upstairs worried sick about you."

"You didn't tell her they found them?!" Brady's mom was now standing in the door way fuming.

"I forgot?" Michael shrugged guiltiness written on his face.

"I'm gonna—" Brady's mom took a deep breath, "Brooke why don't you go see Grandma Rose and tell her yourself."

"I would love too," Brooke grinned and started walking towards the stairs. I also grinned as I watched her walk away, "Are you coming?" I realized Brooke was holding out her hand.

"Definitely," I whisper before striding up to Brooke and wrapping my hand around hers.

I squeezed Brooke's hand when I heard my brother mutter, "They wasted so much time." Frankly he was right.

When we got outside my grandma's room, Brooke paused. I looked at her confused but before I could say anything her lips were on mine. It was only a moment but my lips were tingling and our time earlier flashed before my eyes.

Brooke smiled like she knew exactly what I was thinking. Then she opened the door and to a very startled Grandma Rose.

///

I was so excited to write about Brooke and Michael seeing each other again. Hopefully it lived up to the hype.

Just another thing.... 99.6k reads... what the fudge. That is more reads than I ever imagined. I am so damn grateful for every person who has read and liked this story because it means so much to me. These characters are the first I've written about that I've fully connected with and want to share with everyone.

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

xoxo,
Izz