Chapter 20

Brady's POV

Everything was blurry.

Except she was clear. Her hair, her eyes. Everything was bright against the darkness around us.

She was kissing me. And I was kissing her.

She loves me. And I love her.

•••

"What is wrong with you?" I up and saw Kailee standing by my car door, "How could you?" Her voice was dangerously low.

"Please move," my through was tight as Brooke's friend stared at me with utter betrayal.

"No," Kailee was clenching her hands, "Not until you tell me what made you snap. What made you hurt her. Not until you tell me."

"Please," I knew my voice was shaking, "Please move."

"No," This time Kailee's voice cracked and I saw silent tears start to fall, "You broke her Brady. She was the greatest thing you've ever had and will ever have."

I couldn't speak knowing I couldn't control the tears if I did.

"How can you just stand there and feel nothing?" Kailee's tears were flowing faster.

"Please," I needed to leave before sophie saw what was happening, "Please protect her."

And with that, I shoved past Kailee and got into my car. The moment Kailee was nothing but a miniature figure in the background, I lost all control.

I cried until no more tears would come.

•••

I don't know how much time had passed but all I knew was that all the time could never be enough.

We finally pulled away and I couldn't stop smiling.

"You know," I finally wanted to confess, "I never kissed Chloe, I said that so you wouldn't know how much I loved you."

Brooke smiled widely, "Are you serious?"

"Yeah," I rubbed my face a little embarrassed.

Brooke looked at me with amusement and after a moment started laughing, "I hated her for so long because of that."

"You did?" I couldn't help but laugh along.

"Oh yeah," Brooke smiled and my heart fluttered, "So I was your first kiss?"

My cheeks turned red but I grab Brooke's waist to being her closer, "Don't sound so excited."

•••

"You did great baby," Sophie draped her on my shoulder, "Kailee was expecting so much."

"Get off me," I pushed her arm away, "How do you even know about that?"

"I have my eyes and ears everywhere," Sophie smiled and reached her hand out to touch my face lightly. My fists clenched angrily.

"Sophie. Get. Off. Me. Now." I finally spit out, "Acting like a couple, that wasn't part of the agreement. So stop."

Sophie lifted her finger to my lips as if to silence me. Before she could place it on my lips I grabbed her arm and pulled her way. I knew I was squeezing her hand too hard but I was hoping it was hurting her.

"Brady! Stop!" Sophie finally ripped her hand free, "Fine, I get it. No couple stuff, just best friend stuff."

"Don't call me that again," I slammed my locker shut and walked away.

No one took that title. Sophie was not allowed to rake her title.

•••

"So how's your mom?" I was trace my finger on Brooke's hand as she rested on my chest. We had been talking for hours and it was simply heavens

"She good I guess," Brooke rolled her eyes, "My mom is driving herself and me insane. And I love her, but I want to chose my own future." Brooke started laughing, "Cue the annoying upbeat song at the end of the Disney movie where the cute boy goes against his dad and kisses his best friend."

"Can I be the cute boy," I leaned forward not waiting for an answer and kissed her forehead softly.

"As long as I'm the best friend." Brooke was smiling, "How are all the brothers doing?"

"They're honestly-" Before I could finish my sentence there was a loud boom from down the hallway.

Any remaining lights, simultaneously turned off and plunging Brooke and me into the pitch black.

////

I updated again?
Um what???

Anyway... thank you again for all the support!!!! 29.8k like that's insane guys I can't even comprehend it. Anyone who as clicked on this book and took the chance on me and kept reading... thank you. I love you all so much.

xoxo, izzy