Chapter Three

Brooke's POV

"Choosing to stay, that's a first for you Smith," I looked down not believing I actually said that. It was harsh I know but he deserves it and so much more. My blood was boiling and heart ached painfully.

When I looked up I saw the single flash of sadness in his eyes that made my chest constrict. But like I said before he deserves it, he hurt me more than anyone.

I quickly grabbed a book from the table and turned towards the aisles of books. I took two steps when I heard it. The faint sound of a lock. The faint sound of the library being locked. With me and Brady still in it.

I instantly dropped the book I was holding and ran to the door. My pulse was racing as I ran to the door and tried the handle. I pushed and pulled and it wouldn't budge. I tried again, and like before the door didn't move. It was locked. Frustrated I gave the door the hardest kick I could, which being a soccer player was pretty hard, and then walked away with my foot throbbing.

"Why did you kick the door?" He looked at me like I was crazy, but also looked at me with concern, "That was pretty stupid, you need that leg for your game on Monday."

I looked at him my mouth dropping open, "You know when my game is?" Any signs of concern instantly vanished when I asked that question.

"My brother has a crush on the goalie he needs me to drive to every game," he rolled his eyes. I felt my cheeks flush and once again could feel my anger soaring.

"So like I asked before, why did you kick the door?" Brady asked me once again.

"The freaking door is locked you idiot! WE ARE STUCK IN HERE!" I'll admit I lost it, but I was freaking out and also very angry.

Brady instantly ran towards the door and grabbed the handle pushing it as hard as he could. "NO, shit this can't be happening." He looked frantic and for the first time during our whole encounter his cool demeanor had dropped. He pounded on the door again, and again.

Finally I ran froward and grabbed his hands to stop him from hitting the door, "You'll break your hands if you keep doing that. Stop," I may hate him with a passion but him breaking his hands would be terrible because I would be the one to look after him until someone came and got us.

His hands were shaking but he stopped pounding on the door. He looked at my small hands the we're holding his wrist, and then his eyes traveled down to my wrist. He instantly froze.

"Brooke please tell me these aren't new," I let go of his wrist like I had been burned and looked away.

"After everything, you lost the right to know about that stuff," I stood straighter, "But it's been 6 months. And I didn't need your help this time. I'm stronger without you."

•••

"Brooke what the hell is that," Brady grabbed my wrist. Pinning me down so he could get a closer look.

"It's nothing Brady let go," I tried to break from his hold. I was however unsuccessful, and his eyes went wide when he realized what was on my wrist.

"Oh god no. Brooke please tell me this isn't what I think it is." Brady's grip on my wrist tightened.

"I- They- I," I couldn't get the words out, "I'm sorry. I just-" that's when I lost it. The tears came. They came hard and fast. I was balling my cool completely gone. Brady let go of my wrist and grabbed my waist. He brought me into his chest and hugged me tightly. His hands stroking my back as he quietly soothed me.

Finally I was able to stop the tears and started explaining myself. However I never let go of Brady his heart beat in my head soothed me and his smell surrounded me giving me strength.

"I hate myself. Every time I see a picture of me or see my reflection I feel this extreme hate course through me. It's everything, the way I look, the way I talk, and who I am. I hate being alive and sometimes I wish I could fall asleep and never wake up. It's slowly getting harder for me to smile and or even find a reason to get out of bed in the morning. Some of the times I'm with you are the only moments I feel free. I'm not thinking about myself and I'm not inside my head thinking disgusting thoughts about myself. You've probably kept me alive more than anyone and you had no idea."
I broke down once more burying my face into Brady's shirt. His arms that were surrounding me tightened and suddenly I felt safe. I felt at home.

Then Brady did something unexpected. He lifted my wrist to his mouth and gently kissed it. "I know it's hard for you. Oh god Brooke, I wish I could fix it with a snap of my fingers. But I can't. All I can do is be here for you. I'm not leaving. I'm here to stay whether you like it or not," he brought his lips to my wrist again, "But you need to try to not hurt yourself. It hurts me too much. Your beautiful and smart and athletic and just amazing." He pulled me in even tighter, "I can't stand to see you in pain. I'll do whatever it takes to protect you."

///
Well... that's was a lot of information. What do you think?
It wasn't too terrible right?
After seeing how much Brady cared for her, how do you think it all went wrong? You might find out soon!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS IT MEANS SO MUCH AH!
~ Izz