Epilogue 1

Brooke POV

There's something funny about life. Sometimes it screws you over. Sometimes it becomes your own personal fairytale. Or sometimes it does both with one simple swing.

The librarian was fired. Besides locking kids in the school during a blizzards, turns out she was drunk. Although it was never confirmed, I highly suspect the two things were connected.

I graduated. While the second semester of senior year flew by in a blur of colors and finals, some memories shine like a highlight reel. Prom's dancing continuously waltz in my head. In the end only the positive ones I seem to remember.

I entered college. I left Colorado and moved to a new state. While I once worried I would be lonely and afraid, I was never alone. I found myself in library unable to tear myself away from history books on the fourth floor.

And I love Brady. From the moment in a blizzard until now I never stopped loving him. Not once. No matter the fight or anger, there is always a reminder that it's harder to be apart than admit you're wrong. And he's never stopped loving me.

It was within the dark dorm rooms some of the most colorful of memories remain. The all nighters and late movie nights. It didn't take long for an old habit to resurface.

"Brooke and Brady".

We were once again us and people, new people, understood our names came together. Even drunk sorority girls respected us, which is an extremely rare thing.

Sophie. Well... Sophie never changed. I didn't expect her to, why would she. Instead she spoke in muted tones about my looks and brains. And yet she lost her one piece of ammunition. Her words soon lost all meaning.

That's the thing about life I suppose. It's never simple or easy. Never truly good or bad forever. I suppose that wouldn't allow the best moments to have meaning. It would mean first kisses had no magic or falling in love with a childhood best friend meant nothing.

One day I'll marry Brady. That I don't doubt. I mean if the dainty engagement ring I wear means anything.

I graduated college and got engaged within a week. When Brady proposed it wasn't in our home in sunny California or one of the beautiful beaches. Instead it was in a high school library.

///

Tehheehehe... would anyone want another little epilogue about Brooke and Brady's future?

I hope you enjoyed this extra blurb because it genuinely made me smile.

Once again thank you for reading. It means so much and I'm so lucky to have had an amazing experience writing this story.

Stay safe and healthy,
Izz