Chapter Twenty-Five

Brooke's POV

It was exactly 11:47 when the power went out.

"Shit," I felt Brady move next to me, "Why'd the lights go out?"

"The storm," I sighed, "It's about to get cold, the heater probably shut off too."

"Stupid blizzard," Brady sat down angrily. As my eyes grew more adjusted to the heavy darkness, I could make out Brady's jawline clenched in irritation.

"Hey," I reached out and touched his face, "It's okay. We're going to be fine... and don't be mad at the blizzard. It did bring as back together."

"I hate when you're logical," Brady finally said his jaw loosening as he leaned into my hand.

"Shut up, I know you love it."

•••

"So why do we need to do this?" I looked at Brady incredulously before looking back at the view.

"It's tradition," Brady took a step closer to the edge of the cliff.

"We're gonna get hurt," I wanted to reach out and grab his hand. Hold him close and tell him he couldn't jump into the water below. But that would be too obvious, too caring even us.

"Brooke have some faith," Brady reaches out his hand gesturing with his eyes for me to grab it.

"Faith doesn't do anything if you slip and miss the water," I inwardly chastised myself for grabbing his hand and allowing myself to be walked closer to the edge.

"Fine," Brady net my harsh gaze, "Then have faith in me. I have never let you fall before."

"I hate when you're logical," I glared as we took another step forward.

"You love it," was the last thing I remember before Brady pulled and we were jumping. Hurtling towards the water.

The air was rushing through my air. My bikini. And then we hit the water.

"See," Brady was suddenly holding me. His bare chest so close to mine I could feel each movement. "Sometimes faith is all you need."

•••

"Why doesn't this stupid school have a back up generator?" I sighed and sat down on the nurse's bed.

We had gone through all closets and janitor rooms and found absolutely no signs of a generator. Finally we had given up and gone to the nurses office hoping to find some blankets.

"Incoming!" I whipped my head up as a blanket flew towards my face. I ducked and then chucked it back at Brady.

"BRADY," I yelled hopping up from the bed. I launched myself at his back and wrapped myself around him.

For the first time in ages, I wasn't shy about the heat and want as our skin was only separated by mere  fabric.

•••

"Michael!" I yelled upstairs waiting for Brady's brother to pop around the corner, "We're going to be late!"

"I'm here! Relax mom." Michael raced down the stairs, soccer bag in one hand and cleats in the other.

"About time," I rolled my eyes and ruffled his hair, "Do you have water?"

"I'm not five anymore Brooke," Michaels sheepish grin told me he didn't have his water, "But no."

"Go grab it big 12 year old," I laughed and grabbed my keys from the counter.

"You really don't have to do this," Brady's voice made me stop completely. He was so close to my neck and back, I felt the heat from him.

I turned to face him attempting to hide the rush of heat from his close proximity, "Brady. You have so much homework I can take Michael two blocks over to practice."

"What would I do without you?" Brady wrapped me in a bear hug and I couldn't help but sigh.

"Flunk high school," I joked finally pulling away.

///

I'm so sorry for this shitty mini chapter but I wanted to get another chapter out while my school work has decreased in amount for this week.

Also! I wanted to address the major elephant in the room... I suck at updating. Trust me I know how frustrating it is for you all. But unfortunately I am a full time student and work a part time job. Overall finding time to just focus on me and write is really difficult. So thank you for putting up with my awful posting schedule.

ALSO THANK YOU FOR 44.7k reads?!?! I honestly cannot believe it, having that many reads and knowing people are even liking my word means so much more than you'll ever know.

Xoxo,
Izzy