What If - Chapter 4

Escaping the silence Sejeong speaks.

"Hey! Earth to Sehun. Let's go now!" Tapping Sehun's shoulder. 

"Oh?!" Sehun looking a bit startled.

"Let's go I said. I still have work tomorrow and you have a photoshoot, right?" Sejeong said raising her two eyebrows.

"Oh yeah!" Sehun muttered and asks Chen for the bill and hands in his card to pay.

The two walked side-by-side in a seemingly awkward silence a rush of thoughts clouded their minds. Taking a walk first to let the alcohol out in their systems before going home.

SEJEONG

What the heck is this? 

Why is the atmosphere suddenly feeling weird, if only Chen hadn't brought that up good heavens! 

What should I say now, oh come on Sejeong come up with something good now!

SEHUN

Sehun ever so confuses, peeking a look at Sejeong's face. Oh, Sehun, that was just nothing, of course, it's nothing. 

Don't; just don't think, your brain is just clouded because of the alcohol right now. Come on, come on Oh Sehun say anything before this silence kills the both of you!!

...........

And before he could ever say anything Sejeong speaks first.

"Yah! Don't tell me you're still thinking about what Chen said back there."  She asks him; teasing him with an awkward grin and heck she was nervous at the same time for some reason and dying to end the awkward silence.

"Oh?" He replies lifts his head to look at her but looking like someone who's found guilty. 

He quickly comes to his senses and distresses the thought. "What? Me? [.....] Why would I?" 

He lets out a small chuckle while racking his brain looking for words to say. 

"Why would that even cross my mind? It must be you, now that you're asking me?" He throws back the question to Sejeong. 

"Me? Oh, hell no that would be so chaotic, we'd be a chaos."  She grins back at him.

Both of them laugh. Easing out the awkwardness. 

Sejeong thought how dare Chen put the both of them on a pedestal. While Sehun feels his insides twisting, feeling very weird still convincing himself that it's just the alcohol in his system.

As he drives Sejeong home, he can still feel his insides twisting his mind is in a trance. Thinking about what he's feeling right now. 

He glances at her she's fallen asleep her head bobbing up and down as he hit the stoplight, he ever so gently fixes her head to rest on the neck pillow attached to the car seat a strand of her hair drops blocking her face making it scrunch her nose.  

He moves it trying to tuck it away as Sejeong twitch he's startled thought he'd woken her up but thankfully she continued to sleep, and as the light changes to go he looks back at the road. 

A feeling he can't seem to figure out roaming in the corners of his mind nervous to find what it was as it might give away what he really feels. Decides to just leave it there hidden far away from where no one can find even himself whatever it is, and starts blaming the alcohol again even though it's been out of his system hours ago. 

"It's funny, isn't it? How the universe moves along and creates magic in her own divine timing. And how easy it was for her to bring us together as if we were supposed to. They say you attract what you expect, and when you meet a soulmate, you'll know."
- Kelly Peacock