What If - Chapter 16

SEJEONG

"Didn't know you have such a beautiful girlfriend," Kai said looking at Sehun and back at me.

I felt my cheeks heat up and Sehun just stood there not saying anything. Feeling awkward in the situation I spoke "Oh, w-we're not together. I mean I'm his friend he just invited me to come here with him."

Okay, I think I sounded so stupid. Why do I feel like I needed to explain more? Suddenly I feel a pair of eyes staring at me I look at Kai his cheeky grin still plastered on his face feeling a hot pair of eyes in me I look up at Sehun staring daggers at me for reasons I don't know why I furrowed my eyebrows thinking what was it.

I tapped his back softly and gave him a smile wanting to ease the tension in the air. I don't know what's up with these two but I just want a peaceful night. His eyes soften as he looked at me and I can see him bite the inside of his cheeks as he smiles back at Kai.

I let out a small sigh. I guess that worked. I guess have to be the middle man here.

"So, how long did the two of you knew each other. Were you in the same agency together?"  I asked Kai.

"Hmm. More than 4 years now, we met when we were rookies there's actually the three of us together, me, Sehun, and Irene."

Suddenly I felt Sehun stiffened removing his hand around me as he slipped his hands on the pocket of his dress pants. Instantly missing the warmth of his hands around me.

"Kai" Sehun said in more of a warning tone. I look back at Kai his cheekiness gone as he nods back at Sehun as if with just that he knows what's he's trying to say.

Kai looks back at me and there goes his cheeky grin again. We continued to talk, yeah just me, and Kai turns out he's a great guy, just sassy and cheeky but he's fun to talk with. From time to time I glance back at Sehun squeezing his arms to check if he's okay and he just nods at me with a smile that doesn't reach his eyes.

The three of us decided to head to the bar station, as the two wanted to get away from the constant chat from other people. There were only a few people there as they all just take drinks and get back in the middle of the room to chat and mingle.

The three of us sat on the barstool and it was rewarding.

"Seriously guys, I can't feel my legs right now." I stated as I hear Kai's laugh in my right and Sehun squeeze my arms and whispered "Sorry." on my left ear.

I shake my head and smiled at him. I extend my arm reaching his hair to ruffle it but catches my hand a little late "No ..." but I already did, he looks at me with his disheveled hair and I smiled at him apologetically.

"Sorry, I'll fix it. - There you go."  I said pinching his nose. He scrunches his nose as he smiles back at me.

I pressed my back on the stool again facing the swarm of people chatting in the middle of the room. As my eyes wander around I saw a girl approaching our direction her eyes zeroed in on Sehun the whole time.

As she got closer she stands there for a moment, her eyes lock on Sehun only. I look up at Sehun as he looks at her with no expression at all stoic but I can see his shoulders tense but despite all that, the girl is still smiling at him.

She's gorgeous, her long black hair is styled in soft curves that reach almost her waist. She's not tall like the other girls in this room I think I am a little taller than her but I doubt that her height mattered because she looks gorgeous.

"Irene" Kai spoke breaking the silence between the two. As soon as I heard the name it registered to me, it was the Irene that Kai mentioned earlier.