What If - Chapter 19

SEHUN

I paced back and forth in the living room of Wendy's apartment, standing and seating back the couch, again, and again. Growing more anxious looking at the clock in the wall knowing Sejeong will be here in a few more minutes.

"Sehun can you just chill? I'm getting dizzy looking at you!"  Wendy exclaims laughing, while Chanyeol smiles cheekily walking towards me. He puts his arms on my shoulder and does a straight chokehold playfully.

I elbowed his side a little hard making him let go of me as he winces in pain. "You're not helping at all Chanyeol!" I huff exasperatedly.

"Dude, come on, let's just try to chill the more you think about it the more this would make you anxious. Just be – normal, because if Sejeong notices you're being like this it would only make her feel uncomfortable."

I nodded inhaling and exhaling, grounding my anxiousness. As soon as I sat down on the couch again, the intercom rings. I met Chanyeol's eyes reminding me to calm down, he waits for my signal and I nod then he strides to get to the door. When I hear the door open I immediately look up to Wendy as she gives me a reassuring smile.

As soon as I hear Sejeong's voice it immediately calms my nerves like how it always does soothing me and instantly brightens me up, her presence is enough for me to forget about everything.

When she meets my eyes she smiles up at me, melting me down and I'm glad that I don't see any indifference from her. As she walks up the room "Seh!" she greets me genuinely and I smile back at her as she turns to greet Wendy.

Like always we all fall into a random conversation, and I'm glad that Sejeong wasn't avoiding me, seating side-by-side like we always do bickering from time to time, laughing at our craziness and touches of sarcasm. The only thing that's different is the erratic beating of my heart when our shoulders brush up or the unconscious physical closeness that used to be so normal but now is driving me crazy, my hands that are itching to just hold hers and of course the knowing looks I get from Chanyeol and Wendy whenever I meet their eyes.

But I didn't miss the moments when suddenly we both get aware of the physical touch that was unintentional like when we're talking and the slightest touch from each other that used to be normal is now making the both of us hyper-aware. As if every touch would burn our skins, and I notice how she tenses up and would immediately redirect her attention to our group.

I was teasing her telling Wendy and Chanyeol how she was craning her neck when someone approaches us back at the gala, she nudges my arm with a playful laugh. Oh, how I love her laugh, I always do and I'll never get tired of hearing it. Continuing my teasing she huffs crossing her arms in her chest her eyebrows furrowed at me I laugh back at her, placing two fingers in between her eyebrows straightening it like I always do, she takes my hand immediately holding down my wrist but instantly being aware of the touch she let's go of my hand her cheeks flushed pink. She excuses herself to the bathroom in a hurry, and it makes me smile knowing more that it's not only me who feels this way.

Everything is falling into place knowing that I have a shot of talking with her later but soon, my phone vibrates inside my pocket. Looking at the message immediately downs my mood.

Sehun, can we meet? I wasn't able to talk to you last time at the gala since you left immediately. It's about the new campaign. – Irene

I stare at my phone. Where did she get my number? Realizing it was Kai, I groan frustratedly and it must've been loud enough as Chanyeol clears his throat I look up at him his eyes asking me, I message him telling him what it was. When he sees the message he shares the same frustration with mine. Wendy and Sejeong are in the kitchen now getting another fill of our food.

What do you mean by the new campaign? And I am at Chanyeol's right now, I can't go. I replied to Irene.

I'll let you know. Is it the same place where he used to live I can just go there I'm in my car right now and I'm kinda near his place?

I frustratedly run my hand on my hair. I message Chanyeol what Irene just said to me, giving me no choice but to leave rather than have her here, just like that today's plan went down the drain. I look up to him and gaze back at Sejeong who's coming back with Wendy. She smiles at me and I sigh feeling more frustrated that I am losing my chance of having to talk to her.

I look back at Chanyeol and he nods me to speak "Guys, I'm really sorry but I have to leave. There's just an emergency meeting I needed to attend to." 

I meet Wendy's eyes with a scowl not believing my excuse as she catches the exchange of glances I had with Yeol. I break the eye contact confirming more my guilt.

I whispered, my sorry to Sejeong and she just smiles back at me, reassuring me it was okay.