What If - Chapter 23

SEJEONG

Just when I thought I still have my time to cope with my feelings, a message from Sehun saying his coming over is not something I am expecting to happen at all. 

What do I do now? I've been pacing back and forth the living room when suddenly I catch a glimpse of my reflection on the tv screen I realize that I look so disheveled right now, I immediately went inside my room and now an additional worry I have that I'm concerned what I should I change into. 

I quickly changed into a jagger and a hoodie still looking presentable and comfy. Why am I even thinking of wanting to look good? 

I just said I need to cope with my feelings and now I suddenly want to look good in front of him? Way to go Sejeong, way to go.

The intercom buzzes breaking me out of my self-argument. 

I ran into the door breaking into a halt my hand freezing at the doorknob. I can't do this, how am I supposed to act naturally in front of him? 

I am not ready for this should I act like I'm sick and send him away? 

I might have been stalling longer than I thought because another buzz ring, had me breaking out of my trance. I can do this just fake it till you make it Sejeong. 

Taking a deep breath I turned the knob opening the door, there stands Sehun in all of his glory. Damn, I only haven't seen him a few weeks and how come he looks even more handsome? This is so unfair, this is clearly him cheating without him even knowing. How am I supposed to ignore this beauty in front of me? 

"Hi," he said, and only with those two letters instantly I can feel the butterflies dancing in my belly as he smiles at me. 

"Hi," I said back almost like a whisper I don't even know if he heard me. I turn back around immediately before I lose myself because I want to hug him so bad right now and it's taking every ounce of muscles in my body to restrain myself. I head back to the living room right away coiled up in the couch like a feline hugging a pillow like it's my last string at survival.

I'll just imagine that the pillow is him.

He steps into the room smiling at me as he sits down "You've been busy or were you just avoiding me?" 

Well, that was straight to the point. Was I that obvious? I stall for a moment before I found my voice "What do you mean? I'm not, I was just incredibly busy and why would I avoid you, what for?"

"I don't know Seje, you tell me. Was it because of Irene? Because I am telling you right now, it's not what you think what it is it's just for work. Strictly work." He leans forward staring at me. 

"I don't know the exact details you heard from Chanyeol but I am over her, for a long time now, because there's someone else who makes me really happy, someone who I always look forward to seeing every time. Someone who never failed to support me at everything that I do."

As he speaks I studied his face, my eyes tracing every detail, every feature. His strong arched eyebrows, his eyes that were so deep and enchanting that it almost drowns me in, his distinct cheekbones that I want to try and run my fingers into. God, he's gorgeous. 

His voice brought me back as he cleared his throat "And in case you fail to recognize who am I talking about, that someone is you."

My breath hitched, my heart beating erratically, wildly. Did I hear that right? I cleared my throat "What did you say? I thought – " But Sehun instantly cuts me off.

"It was you. It's you who makes me happy. I like you Sejeong." 

Technicolor sparks fly in the room, magic air, charmin' lips, and I'm spellbound.