What If - Chapter 11

A month has passed, since then Sejeong became busier with work projects she and her team have been preparing for this for a month now, if she gets to impress the client and gets the deal this would help her get promoted. As time pass naturally the weight of what happened has been bygone.

And between those times Sehun has always been with her, checking her every time, fetches her when their schedule clicks, hanging at her place.

Sehun has been filling every little gesture to help Sejeong feel better and of course, annoying her in between as well. His presence instantly filled Sejeong's sadness with laugh and warmth and she's been more than thankful for his company and attention, without him she might have been a member of those lonely hearts club.

_________________

SEHUN

After having a long schedule the last three days, Sehun finally had his rest. Sehun was still sleeping in the afternoon when his phone rings non-stop. He reaches for his phone from the bedside table, turning off the call.

After a few seconds, it rings back again grunting he turns it off again and places it under his pillow as he switches on the other side of the bed the phone rings again. He takes the pillow covering his ears and grunts at the non-stop ringing giving up he reaches for it and answers the call.

"Sehun! I have some good news, wake up!" Seunggis's voice can be heard on the other line.

"Ugh! Hyung! Why now when I am finally getting good long sleep." Sehun complains.

"I swear if you hear me out this will definitely wake you up." Seunggi answers.

Sehun lets out a big sigh and repositions his back on the bed.

"That better be Hyung, my sleep is at stake here."

Seunggi laughs.

"I think this is more important than your sleep right now." He continued.
"So, this morning Nazine of ESTEEM called me inviting you to their Gala of The Year! You know this opportunity rarely comes."

Sehun shots his eyes open, he sits up doubting what he was hearing. "Hyung! ESTEEM? Gala of The Year?"

"Yes! ESTEEM! You've been invited!!!" Seunggi yells happily.

"HYUNG!!!! FINALLY!!!" Sehun shouts in amusement.

Seunggi laughs "Finally, this would be such a great opportunity to extend your connections. Oh! They're also giving you one more invitation if you have a date you wanna bring, just let me know the name so I can have the name on the invite list."

"A date?" Sehun asks, an image of Sejeong flashes through him.

"Anyone in mind?" Seunggi asks in a knowing tone.

"There's only one that comes into mind." He says as he smiles through the phone as he continued "Sejeong, Kim Sejeong, tell them that's the name."

"Ohhh! Oh Sehun, I knew it all this time you like Sejeong." Seunggi teases.

"Hyung! I have no other friends to bring except Sejeong, and I wouldn't invite Chanyeol as my date, nope. That's why, and she's been supporting me all this time. Stop assuming." Sehun answers back.

"If that helps you sleep at night! I'll call them back and let them know." Seunggi says.

"Yeah hyung!" Sehun answers sarcastically. "Message me back the details, theme, and date. Thank you hyung!"