What If - Chapter 12

SEJEONG

"Ya! Oh Sehun, are you kidding me?" I yelled through the phone annoyed.

"Sej, sorry. I forgot to tell you last week." He said in a laugh.

"I swear Seh, you are lucky you're out of my reach right now," I said groaning.

I can hear him suppressing his chuckle. Seriously, he's always set to annoy me.

"Glad I told you this on the phone." He says and I swear I could feel him smirk!

"I can help and go with you to look for a dress, help you pick what you're going to wear. You know you have an expert here." He says in a teasing tone.

"No thanks! I'd rather ask Wendy, for all I know you will just annoy me." I said back.

He laughs. "But seriously, I can go with you." He says nonchalantly.

"Hmmmm No and no. I'm ending this conversation now, bye!"

"Why?!!!" I screamed into the pillow, as soon as the call ended how can he tell me that the gala is just three weeks from now. Recalling what happened last weekend, how, why did I even say yes. Ugh! That puppy-looking eyes act that he did get me into this, I can't believe that I let that affect me.

Now I don't know what to do I'll be super busy this coming two weeks for the presentation, meaning I'll only have a week to look for a dress and I don't even know if Wendy is available and I suck at this. I have to ask Wendy right now.

I messaged Wendy right away asking if I could call her, as soon as she said yes. I dialed her number right away.

"Wendy!!!!!!!" I said in a hopeless grunt.

"Gosh, Sej! Well hello to you." Wendy answered and laughs at me.

"Ugh! Sehun is so annoying." And so I started.  

"So last weekend Sehun asked me to go with him to the Yearly Gala by Esteem. You know how much I hate going to formal events because I feel awkward and it's not for me and I hate wearing formal dresses, remember when you almost drag me to the grad ball because I didn't wanna go.

But Sehun suddenly played me he came here with all my favorite types of snacks and bread and desserts distracting me with food! And when I told him I don't want to he suddenly did those sad puppy eyes at me and I took the bait, I fell for his act.

Can you believe that? Then just now he called telling me that the gala is three weeks from now, but I'll be so busy with an important presentation so I only have a week left to prepare."

I huffed gasping for air. Telling her all the details all at once.

"Gosh, Sej! Did you even breathe? Relax girl."  Wendy replies.

"Relax? How can I relax, I'll only relax if you tell me, you're available next, next, a week?" I spoke pleadingly.

"Please Wends, pretty please. Hmm?" I think I'd go batshit crazy if she isn't.

"You're lucky I am free that week. I'll help you out, you okay now?" Wendy chuckles.

"I love you Wends! If you weren't free, I'd be forced to go with Sehun, and I can't, knowing that he'll tease and annoy me."

Wendy laughs at my remark. "You two just can't go by without annoying each other. Well just message me when, I'm so excited to see you in a dress again and fixed up. I am definitely looking forward."

"I'll be your personal stylist for a day, and you can't say no to me? Understood?"

"Uhm, can I say no to the can't say no to you part?" I said knowing how Wendy takes this styling seriously. She loves it, especially with me cause I am always the I'm good with this type.

"Well if you don't you can always ask Sehun for help then." She said with much confidence knowing what my answer would be.

"FIne! You sure love this, I admit you're really good at this. Though I don't look forward to the dress and make-up honestly. But thank you so much Wends!"

"I already have some ideas for sure Sehun will be speechless bet he'll fell hard." She said back.

Which made me paused, trying to process what she said. 

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Nothing! I just meant you'd be so stunning Sehun would be so speechless. Anyway, just message or call me. Bye!" 

Wendy says in a hurry and I can hear her laugh as she ended the call.

//I know this is such a short chapter but I needed this as a filler for the next chapter.
Thank you! I'll update tomorrow the next chapter🤍🤍