21

Elodie was in her last Transfiguration class of the year, and last class all together. Mcgonagall had heard about Elodie's duel, as well as her intelligence.

She was strictly forbidden to, but she slipped the Transfiguration plan on how to turn herself into an animal as she pleased into her textbook when no one was looking. She felt that Elodie was ready. If not now, then certainly later.

The class went on and on, and the words Elodie was kind of bummed to hear, finally came.

"Students....you are dismissed. Enjoy your holiday."

Elodie stood up, taking her time with gathering her things. She was the last one out of the class, and hugged Mcgonagall one last time before she left. She had a smug smile on her face as she watched Elodie skip out of class.

Elodie had came back from the forest the last time, as well as Hagrid's. She wanted to say bye to Fang and Hagrid himself. She had Bruin on her shoulder, licking her nose here and there. Elodie was a soul that Hogwarts would never forget. The ghosts of Hogwarts were swarming about. Elodie had finally made her way to the Great Hall, once again, for the last time this year. There were Hufflepuff banners all around, in the air, the colors on each table, and each Professor wearing some sort of yellow color.

"Good evening, Sir Nicholas." Elodie said, nodding towards him. "Hello!" He replied. As Elodie went to go sit down, a head popped up through the table. These ghosts were very active tonight. "Bloody Barron!" The Hufflepuff table yelled. He popped up and started swinging his ghostly sword all over, and of course went to the Slytherin table. All the head ghosts were now surrounding their houses.

Fat Friar was standing by the Hufflepuff table, Bloody Barron returned to the Slytherin table, Nearly Headless Nick (Sir Nicholas), at Gryffindor and the Grey Lady at Ravenclaw's. Everyone was in place. Elodie on the left, Imogen on the right, Cedric in front of the middle of them, Fred and George sitting at the table behind them, everything was just right.

Mcgonagall tapped her glass, and the room went silent. Dumbledore then stood up, everyone ready for his last speech.

"Another year.....gone. And now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding. And the points, stand thus.
In fourth place, Ravenclaw with 312 points." Dumbledore paused, just to let everyone clap and cheer.
"In third place, Slytherin with 356 points." More applause.
"In second place... Gryffindor with 427 points." Yet again, more applause the higher up Dumbledore spoke.
"And in first place...with 489 points....Hufflepuff house."

Everybody from Hufflepuff stood up, screaming this like "Yeah!" "Haha!" "Go us!"

"Yes, yes! Well done Hufflepuff house." Dumbledore finished, looking at Elodie in the eyes. She smiled, which made him smile back.

"Hufflepuff, wins. The house cup!" He finally said. Everyone, right after the puffs, stood up along with them, and cheered.

First year was now complete.

Everyone stood up, throwing their caps in the air as a token of celebration.

The feast, was of course, just as immaculate as the first one

The feast, was of course, just as immaculate as the first one. Tears stained Elodie's eyes, she didn't know why.

"Oh you big baby!" Imogen yelled, hugging Elodie, and herself beginning to cry. The two girls had absolutely no reason to cry.

Hogwarts was their home.

A few months away won't hurt.

They'll return, new and fresh. As they will for all Seven years.

Elodie forgot about her boggart attack, her dad's situation, her gap between her and the twins.

All because she found herself happy no matter what. She found a way to keep happy and strong.

Elodie's soul stayed untouched.

Of course, these were minor things. But it definitely prepared her for handling worse.

But, she would return in strictly two months. Home. Where her best friend is. Where her twins are, her creatures, all her knowledge of spells and charms, and of course, the love.

Elodie had woken up, feeling the train coming to a stop. She was now back in London.

Elodie thanked the man who handed her the trunk full of her belongings, and searched for her mom. It didn't take long, because her mom was the only witch in the crowd with a poster that said 'Only Flower garden here' with a big heart on it. She smiled and ran, wrapping herself to her mother.

"Welcome back, my love." Yvannah spoke. Elodie hasn't heard her voice since Christmas break.

They apparated back to their house, and Elodie was so happy to be back. To see the field in every window, the big window in her room, and of course, the twins she took happiness in as her neighbors on the other side of the big field.

She was now home, but this felt more as a vacation home. Everything she grew to love is at Hogwarts. Her mom was obviously her best friend, but she wrote to her and kept in contact. Elodie was going to try her best to spend as much time with her mom as she can.

She loved her house, the company her mom would give her, and all the things Elodie owned that came with it. But, it wasn't her home.

Hogwarts was.