Chapter 3: Returning To The Captain America Museum

(Tunisia)

Y/N's P.O.V

Sam and I are currently sitting in a market place in Tunisia, and Sam is doing some work on Redwing who was damaged during the fight.

As we're sitting there Joaquin comes over with some drinks.

Y/N: Thanks man.

He then sees what Sam's doing and tries to help.

Torres: Maybe if you...

Sam: Can you not please?

He then backs off and I chuckle.

Sam: We've been working for the air force for three months now, and anytime ops touchs him he gets all glichy.

Torres: Well it's probably hard given the billion I.P addresses and your sick ass Stark level tech.

Torres the pulls out his phone and starts videoing everything around us.

A civilian then comes over and thanks Sam and I for bring his wife back to him. I then reply in Arabic.

Torres then points his camera at me.

Torres: He speaks Arabic too, what was that?

I move the camera away.

Y/N: Get out of here, come on.

Joaquin then goes on to show Sam and I a symbol of a resistance group called the Flagsmashers, there a group that want the world to go back to the way it was during the blip.

He then asks us if Steve is on the moon as that's a crazy theory that's going around on the Internet.

Y/N: Well Torres I can tell you that you don't have to take those people seriously. Oh, Sam we gotta go.

Sam: Right, let's go.

I go to pay the bill.

Torres: Don't worry, I got you guys.

I nod.

Y/N: Okay thanks. I'll get you next time.

Torres: So where you two going?

Sam: Washington.

Torres: To do what?

Y/N: Moon stuff.

Sam and I leave so we can catch a plane to Washington.

(Washington D.C)

(The next day)

I'm now doing a speech for Steve as I plan to hand the shield over to the government.

When I look out into the crowd I see mum, Wanda, Sam and Rhodey sitting in the front row.

Y/N: Steve represented the best in all of us. Courageous, righteous, hopeful and he also mastered posing stokely.

The crowd laughs at this.

Y/N: The world has been forever changed. Four months billions of people returned after three years away, sending the world into turmoil. We need new heroes, ones suited for the times we're in. Symbols are nothing without the women and men that give them meaning. And this thing.

I pick up the shield that's next to me.

Y/N: I don't know if there has ever been a greater symbol. But its more about the man that gave it meaning, and he's gone now. So today we honor Steve, but we also look to the future. Thank you Captain America, but this belong to you, and it always will. I'm sorry Steve, but I could never live up to your legacy.