Chapter 16: A Fight For The Shield

Y/N's P.O.V

After Walker comes to the realisation of what he's done he runs off.

Sam, dad and I ran off after him.

We followed him to an abandoned warehouse once we get inside I deactivate my mask and see Walker coming over to us.

John then looks to us.

John: You guys should see a medic. You don't look to good.

Y/N: Stop Walker.

He starts pacing.

John: What? You saw what happened. You know what I had to do. I didn't have a choice, he killed Lamar!

Bucky: He didn't kill Lamar John. Don't go down this path, believe me it doesn't end well.

John: I'm not like you.

Sam: Listen, it was the heat of the fight okay?

Y/N: Sam's right. John if you go back and explain what happened, they may consider your record. Look John, we don't want anyone else to get hurt.

I sigh.

Y/N: John. You gotta give me the shield back man.

Walker looks at us and shakes his head.

John: Oh, so that's what this is? You almost got me.

Y/N: You made a mistake. Please John, don't make me take it from you.

John: You don't wanna do this.

Dad looks at John.

Bucky: Yeah, we do.

Walker then comes at us and Sam, dad and I fight him together.

As we fight John knocks Sam down and dad tries to grab his gun, but it gets knocked away.

Before he can hit dad with the shield I do a backflip to kick the shield away.

After knocking both Sam and I down dad fights Walker one on one.

Once I get back up I see both Sam and dad are in and out on the ground, so I charge at Walker he and I fight one on one.

After knocking me away slightly Walker looks at me.

Y/N: This isn't you John. Don't do this.

John: We coulda been partners Y/N.

Y/N: Sorry, I already have a partner.

I then start web zipping around the room to avoid Walker's hits. I then come back and stand on a beam.

I shot my web out and it attaches to the shield. Walker and I are pulling back and forth, John then ends up pulling on it while hanging sideways on a loader.

Walker then pulls me forward and I fall to the ground.

He then starts to fight Sam, but he takes Sam to the ground and rips his wings off his pack.

Before he can hit Sam I jump in and tackle him off Sam.

Dad then joins back in and three of us manage to pin Walker against the wall and get the shield away from his other hand.

(A/N: Start playing this at 3:21.)

Dad keeps Walker pinned and Sam holds his another arm to the wall, while I grab the shield and use my super strength to bend John's arm to get the shield off.

After a bit of work I manage to get the shield off Walker's arm, breaking it in the process.

This sends me flying forward with the shield in my hands.

Dad and Sam come over to me as Walker stands up.

John: It's mine.

Y/N: It's over John. Stand down.

John: It's mine!

Walker goes for dad, but dad grabs a hold of him and gets him by the legs.

Dad swings Walker in the air while Sam and I jump up and hit him from the front and the back, knocking John out in the process.

Third person prospective

After beating Walker the shield gets knocked out of Y/N's hands. Bucky sits up and grabs the shield.

He then stands to his feet and goes over to Y/N, who's currently on the floor with a screwed up suit.

Bucky gives Y/N a dirty look before dropping the shield down next to him, and walking away.

Y/N then sits up and picks the shield up. He looks at the blood on the shield and starts to quickly rub it off.

He starts to tear up and puts the shield to his forehead.

Y/N: (Whispers) I'm sorry Steve. I'm so sorry I let this happen to your legacy. I'm so sorry.

Y/N sits there as sobs as he is the reason this has happened.

(Two hours later)

Y/N's P.O.V

After leaving the warehouse Sam and I meet up with dad and Sam gives us an update on the situation.

Sam: The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli, but so far they've only found her followers so far. They've searched their camps and found nothing. She's gone. We'll never find her now.

I just sit on the table looking at the shield.

As Sam finishes Torres comes over.

Torres: Hey! You got your sleeve back.

Dad then walks to the exit.

Sam: You gonna go deal with Zemo.

Bucky: Yeah, you wanna come?

Y/N: Hell no. Last I checked Zemo's your mess old man, you clean it up.

Dad shakes his head and walks off.

Torres: Alright, good to know you survived.

Torres then goes on the tell Sam and I that the government is taking over after Captain America killed someone in cold blood, and that we'll have to wait for Karli to pop back up before we can find her.

Torres: Sometimes there's nothing to do, until there's something to do.

Sam: That's bizarrely wise.

Torres: Well, I'm a bizarrely wise man Sam.

Y/N: Yeah, okay buddy.

I stand up and Sam and I leave the building.

Sam: So, we going to Baltimore?

Y/N: Yep.

He nods and we head to Baltimore to go and see Isaiah Bradley again.