Chapter 17: Helping With The Boat

(The next day)

(Upstate New York)

Y/N's P.O.V

So yesterday Sam and I went to see Isaiah and he told us what happened to him.

He told us that he did something similar to what Steve did back in the 1940s. But he got put in jail for thirty years and got experimented on. They also told his wife that he was dead.

Let's just say that talk with Isaiah really put Sam and I in depressed mood. So we both went back home.

Sam went back to Louisiana to be with his sister and nephews, while I went back to Upstate to be with Wanda.

I'm now laying in bed awake early in the morning as I can't help but think about what Isaiah went through.

I then see Wanda roll over and look at me, she then cuddles into me.

Wanda: How long you been awake for?

Y/N: I don't know, like an hour or so.

Wanda: Still thinking about what Isaiah Bradley said to you?

I nod.

Y/N: Yeah, I just can't believe what he went through. He did something good, just like Steve. But he got thrown in prison for it, and experimented on.

I roll over to face Wanda.

Y/N: They told his wife that he was dead. I can't imagine what you'd go through if someone had told you that about me.

Wanda: I know. When you told me that last night, that's all I could think about. But you're not Isaiah Bradley.

Y/N: Yeah, I know.

Wanda: Speaking of last night. Why are back so soon? I thought you'd be out there with your boyfriend for a bit longer.

Y/N: My boyfriend?

Wanda: Yeah, Sam.

I chuckle.

Y/N: Oh, very funny. I think you're just jealous because Sam and I would make a hot couple.

Wanda laughs at this.

Y/N: I've missed your laugh.

Wanda: I've missed you.

We kiss for a minute and pull away.

Wanda: You want breakfast?

I nod.

Wanda: Okay, come on.

(Two hours later)

After eating breakfast I get a call from Sam asking me to come down to Louisiana as he needs some help with his family boat.

I grab the shield, And as I'm getting ready to leave I hear a knock at the door.

I go to the door and open it up to see dad standing there with two cases.

I lean against the door frame.

Y/N: What do you want? Here to give me a lecture on how I messed up?

He shakes his head.

Bucky: No, I'm not. Just here to drop this case off. Where are you going?

Y/N: I'm going to help Sam down in Louisiana.

Bucky: Do you mind if I come too?

I look back to see Wanda standing there giving me a look.

I sigh.