Chapter 21: New Cap Vs. Karli Morgenthau

Y/N's P.O.V

As Sam and I make it to dad's location we see John Walker trying to save the senators that are trapped in a truck, which is about to tip over.

Y/N: Sam get me in close.

He nods and flies down.

I then see Walker fall down along with some Flagsmashers.

Before the truck falls off I manage to stick to one of the beams of the construction site below the truck.

I then jump and stick my feet to the front of the truck, and use my webs along with my leg power to push the truck back up.

Y/N: Rhhhhh!!

I manage to use enough strength to push the truck back up, but I use impact webbing to keep the truck in place.

I jump off the truck and land in a very Scarlet Spider-like pose on the beam. I look up to see a crowd of people cheering.

Civilian #1: Hell yeah! That's the Scarlet Spider there. I tell you.

Civilian #2: Nah, that's Captain America.

I then see Redwing fly up and break off the lock do the senators can get out.

I look back down to see Sam, dad and John facing off with what's left of the Flagsmashers.

I jump down and throw the shield it hits a couple of them before coming back to me as I land on the ground and joins the other's.

Karli then takes off her mask and has a annoyed look on her face.

Karli: You of all people bought into that bullshit?

Y/N: I'm tryin' something different. Maybe you should do the same.

Before anything else could happen the whole area gets cover in smoke. This allows Karli and her people to get away in the confusion.

I use the thermal scanner from my visor so dad, Sam, John and I could follow them.

Y/N: Come on guys, this way.

I put my shield on my back and the four of us follow the Flagsmashers into the constant site.

As we're following the Flagsmashers dad contacts Sharon.

Bucky: Hey Sharon. We're underground, we entered the tunnel on William heading south.

I use my thermal scan again to see that we have footprints going off to the right.

Y/N: Looks like they spilt up. Here.

Walker immediately goes right to follow the tracks.

Sam: Buck and I got it. You keep going forward.

I nod as dad and Sam going in the same direction as Walker.

I carry on following the path hoping I can catch up to Karli.

As I'm sneaking around looking for the Flagsmashers I take the shield off my back and carry on following the path.

After a couple of more minutes of searching I hear gunshots and follow the sounds.

Once I make it round the next corner I see Karli standing there with a gun, Sharon on the ground with a gun shot wound and Batroc dead on the ground.

I put the shield back on my back.

Karli: Y/N, stay back.

Y/N: So, what's next huh? You kill ten this time, then what a hundred? Where does it end Karli? Please, let me help you.

Karli: Don't try to manipulate me.

She goes to shoot Sharon.

Sharon: Karli don't!

Before Karli can pull the trigger I web zip towards her taking her down.

I grab my shield and dodge/block Karli's attacks.

Y/N: I'm not gonna fight you!

She punches the shield but I stick myself to the ground to stop myself from moving.

Y/N: Karli...

She breaks off her attack then comes back at me and tries to hit me, but I use my agility to dodge and flip backwards to avoid the hits.

She then hits me with a pole knocking me to the ground.

Karli: Stay down!

I get back to my feet.

Y/N: No.

Bucky's P.O.V

Sam, Walker and I use the phone that one of Karli's people gave me to trick her friends into a trap.

As her friends come round the corner to see us come out to face them.

John: "Mercy bears richer fruit than strick justice."

I show them the phone.

Bucky: It's a great app.

The police and S.W.A.T team show up.

Sam: I gotta say I didn't think they'd fall for it.

Bucky: Thank you.

As the police arrest what's left of the Flagsmashers Walker, Sam and I walk away.

John then pats me on the back.

Bucky: Lincoln, really?

John: Great man. Great quote.

Sam: Not when you say it.

Y/N's P.O.V

So I've been on the defensive whilst dealing dealing Karli as I don't want to hurt her, I want to help her.

She carries on punching the shield trying to land a hit on me.

Karli: Fight back! Fight back!

I web zip forwards again and tackle her into a beam.

Y/N: Stop it!

Karli grabs me and throws me up and smashes me back down on the ground.

As I stand she continues to hit the shield.

Karli: Fight me! Fight back!

She then knocks me to the ground once again.

Karli then grabs her gun off the floor, and pints it at me.

Karli: Stay down Y/N. Finally warning.

I breathe in heavily and get to my knees. I then tighten the shield around my forearm, and I remember when Steve did this in his final battle as we fought Thanos.

I stay to my feet as that's what Captain America always does no matter what, and it's what I always do no matter what.

Y/N: To quote an old friend of mine. "I can do this all day."

Karli goes to shoot me, but I then hear gun shots and see that Karli has a bullet wounds in her stomach. I look over and see that Sharon is the one who shot her.

Karli drops the gun and falls to the ground.

I go over to her and hold her as she starts to die.

Karli: (Whispers) I'm sorry.

She then takes her last breath and closes her eyes. And with that Karli Morgenthau, the leader of the Flagsmashers dies.

I then pick up Karli's dead body and leave the construction site.