Chapter 15: The Whole World's Watching

Y/N's P.O.V

After calling Pietro for extra protection for Wanda, and suiting up dad, Sam and I make it to the location that Karli sent.

(A/N: This is the suit that Y/N is wearing, just in case anyone was curious

(A/N: This is the suit that Y/N is wearing, just in case anyone was curious.)

The three of us head into the courtyard, and I deactivate my mask.

Y/N: Karli!

We look up to see Karli up on the floor above us.

We then head up to that floor and stand infront of Karli.

Y/N: You threatened my wife and unborn child?! Is that how we're gonna play this?!

Karli: Y/N, I promise you I have no intention on ever hurting your wife and child. I just wanted to understand you better.

She then looks to Sam and dad.

Karli: I see you didn't come alone.

Y/N: Yeah well, going in alone didn't exactly work out for me last time. Karli, you have to end this now.

Karli: I don't want to hurt you, any of you. You're just tools in the regimes I'm looking to destroy. You're not hiding behind a shield. If I were to kill any of you it'd be meaningless. I was gonna ask you guys to join me. Or do the world a favour and let me go.

I then get contacted by Sharon.

Sharon: Hey Y/N, the new Cap is moving. Looks like he found them, or they found him.

I look back to Sam as he looks at his wrist as he has Walker's location.

Sam: It's Walker.

Dad nods and jumps down, but gets interspersed by Karli who jumps down and runs off.

I activate my mask. Sam and I then jump down into the courtyard too.

Y/N: Dad go, Sam will send you the location. Go!

Dad nods and runs off. Sam then takes off with his wings and I web zip on to his back.

After a few minutes of flying we make it to the location and Sam smashes through the skyline above and we land on the ground.

Sam and I start walking around trying to find Walker or Karli, as we do this we hear a smash and look up to see a Flagsmasher fly through a door.

We then see Walker come out and fight the Flagsmasher, as he's fighting I notice he has double the strength he had before, as he bends a pipe with no effort.

In that moment I realise that he took the super soldier serum.

Walker comes over to us after taking down the Flagsmasher.

Sam: What did you do?

John: They've got Lamar.

Sam and I follow Walker to help him find Lamar.

We then find ourselves in the main room.

My spider sense goes off and we all turn as three Flagsmashers jump us from behind.

As we fight them together they pull out knives.

John: What's with all the knives?

I shrug as we continue to fight off the Flagsmashers.

Dad then joins us in the fight and helps me by taking down a Flagsmasher that was about to attack me from behind.

Bucky: You're welcome.

As we're fighting we hear a cracking sound. Sam, dad and I turn to see Lamar on the ground leaning up against a pillar.

I then realise by the look on Karli's face that she's the one who attacked Lamar and now he's dead.

She and the other Flagsmashers run off, as Walker goes over to Lamar trying to wake him up.

Sam, dad and I chase after Karli and the other Flagsmashers.

After practically running around in circles for a minute or so we make it outside.

Once we make it round the next corner we see civilians with their phones out.

They were filming Walker as he just killed a Flagsmasher with the shield.

The three of us look at John as he stands there holding the shield with blood on it. The public had just witnessed the new Captain America kill someone in cold blood.

In that moment I realise that I should have never given that shield away, and that's something I now have to live with.