Chapter 14: New Cap Vs. Dora Milaje

(One hour later)

Y/N's P.O.V

Once we got back to Zemo's place dad went out whilst Sam and I stayed with Zemo.

I'm currently using my laptop to contact Sharon back in Madripoor. Sam was sitting at the table with me, while Zemo was resting on the couch.

Zemo: Were you two offered it?

Sam: Offered what?

Zemo: The serum.

Y/N & Sam: No.

Y/N: And I've already got powers, so I wouldn't need to be given it.

Zemo: Y/N. Say hypothetically you didn't have powers and you were offered it. Would you have taken it?

Y/N: No. I wouldn't.

Zemo: Samuel?

Sam: No.

Zemo: No hesitation from either of you. Impressive.

He then grunts and takes the cloth off his face.

Zemo: Y/N. You can't hold out hope for Karli. No matter what you saw in her, she's gone. And we can not allow her acolytes to become false gods amongst real people. Super soldiers can not be allowed to exist.

Sam tilts his head.

Y/N: Isn't that how gods talk?

Sam: And if that's the way you feel, then what about Bucky?

Y/N: Blood ain't always the solution, Zemo.

Before he could answer dad walks in and heads to the kitchen for a drink.

Bucky: Something ain't right about Walker.

Sam: You don't say.

Bucky: Well, I know crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy.

Y/N: Can't argue with that.

Bucky: Shouldn't have given him the shield, Y/N.

I stand up and look at him.

Y/N: I didn't give him the shield.

Bucky: Well, Steve definitely didn't.

That causes me to snap a little as I've had it enough of his jabs.

Y/N: Oh my god. Will just shut the fuck up with that? I've had enough with you constantly on my ass about that. Get over it, old man. Move on.

Sam: Come on, Y/N. Just...

Y/N: No, Sam. I've had enough of it. I'm so sick of him thinking I made that decision on a whim. It was the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but the cyborg doesn't understand. You know what though? I can't wait for this mission to be over, then I won't have to see you again for a very long time.

Before he could reply the doors get kicked in and we see Walker and Hoskins coming in.

John: Alright, that's it. Let's go. I'm now ordering you to turn him over.

Sam: Whoa, slow your roll there. Now let's be clear, shield or no shield the only thing your running in here's your mouth.

Y/N: And as I said before we don't answer to you, and we sure as hell don't take orders from you "Cap." Now I had Karli and she got away because of you. At least Zemo has proven himself useful, because we'll need all hands on deck for what comes next.

John: How do you want the rest of this conversation to go, Y/N? Should I put the shield down? Make it fair?

I scoff at this.