Chapter 13: The Reappearance of John Walker

Y/N's P.O.V

Once we came up with a plan we leave Zemo's place and head to meet up with Zemo's new contact.

As we're walking down the street we see John Walker and Lamar Hoskins coming towards us.

John: Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be pulling this shit.

Bucky: Ah! How'd you find us now?

Lamar: Please, do you really think three Avengers can walk around Latvia without drawing any attention?

John: No more keeping us in the dark. You can start by telling us why you broke him out of prison.

Bucky: He did that himself technically.

John: Oh! This better be an unbelievable explanation...

I push Walker back slightly.

Y/N: Alright take it easy before it gets weird. First of all just because you have that shield doesn't mean we answer to you.

Zemo: I know where Karli is.

He tries to move forward but Walker stops him.

John: Well where?

Sam: All we know is that it's a memorial. So we're gonna intercept her there.

Lamar: That means civilians, high risk of casualties.

John: Okay, if we go in now we can take her by surprise.

Y/N: No, I want to talk to her alone.

John: I'm not losing her again.

Y/N: Look man, the person closest to her died. That means she's vulnerable. If there's anytime to reason with her it's now.

John runs ahead and stops infront of us.

John: What? No, wait no! No! Stop okay? Just stop. There's no reasoning with her. She blew up a building with people still in it.

Lamar: Y/N, you walk in there cold she could kill you man.

Y/N: Yeah, and if I go in there hot and the op goes wrong more people will die.

Walker looks to dad.

John: You gonna let him do this? You're gonna let your son and partner sit alone in a room with a super soldier?

Bucky: The kid's dealt with worse.

Y/N: And there's also the fact that he's not my partner. He's an old man that's been busting my balls ever since I gave up that shield. Sam's my partner.

Walker then looks to Sam.

John: So, you okay with your partner doing this?

Sam: Yep. Because I trust him, I know he can do it.

Y/N: Look, I've been where Karli is. Right now she needs someone who understands her. If I can reason with her, I might be able to get her to stand down.

Lamar: John. If he can talk her down, it might be worth a shot.

Walker shakes his head, but agrees to it.

He then points to Zemo.

John: We'll deal with you later.

Zemo nods and we all walk up ahead to talk to Zemo's contact. It was the little girl we saw him talking to earlier.

(Ten minutes later)

After talking to the girl she leads us to the funeral and we're currently in a room just outside.